Sign in to follow this  
ExpressJetXE

Faital Mistake

The other nite I flew my plan from KAUS to KMSY as I do everyday. When I was cleared to land on Rwy 28 and hit the runway there was a United AI plane in position to take off. I did not see the plane until I had hit the runway. Needless to say I hit the plane. RC never told me to go around. ATC failed the test again. Is there anyway in the future to prevent this? This is the only time this has happened.

i would have to see a .log, to find out what happened. i bet in a 1000 times, you'll not see it. but the time you run without debug, it will happen :-(jd

On a slightly related note, I've noticed that I only get traffic advisories below FL180. There's been several times where the TCAS has been yelling at me to climb above that because of a plane about 1 mile away or less in front of me, and ATC said nothing.Is that just a limitation of FS or something else going on here?Thanks,-stefan

if you can reproduce the problem, send me a .logi'll be happy to tell you why you're not being given an advisory.you're not traveling at 2x, or 4x speeds are you?jd

No, I never do time acceleration. I'll see if I can get you a log.For posterity's sake, here's a list of addons being used:MyTraffic at about 75% Airline, 20% GA, PMDG 747X, Ultimate Terrain X USA, Flight Environment X, Ground Environment X, RC4.3 running via WideFS, Active Sky X running via SimConnect, and MyFSGoogleEarth. I also have Level D 767, FS2Crew for the 767, and the Eaglesoft SR22, but those weren't in use for the flight in question.-stefan