Sign in to follow this  
jmp308

RC4 Pre-Recorded Chatter Question

I know there have been posts about pre-rec. chatter but I couldn't find a reference to this question:On my RC4/FS9 setup running pre-rec chatter seems to have less variation than previous versions (e.g. SFO area had unique SFO-appropriate ground, C-D, tower, approach chatter which now does not play on RC4.) Was this an intentional change or did some of my winwood files not load properly?Thanks for any help,Joe

Guest SkullxBones

Is the Winwood/ksfo directory only for FS9? Cause I don't have it on my FSX version.

my mistakeit looks like all of the localized airport chatter files have not been included in 4.3 due to space considerations.sorryjd

Would it be possible to add them from a prior version? If so, is there an easy way to let us know which files should be transferred and to which directories. As another thought, could we just overwrite the entire winwood directory with an older one without unleashing the dogs of war?Joe

i suppose you can copy those directories over from other versions. the code should still see them, and play them, when they existjd

Guest SkullxBones

I would really like to get a hold of these files. I don't have an older version, any chance you or someone else can post the files here on AVSIM?

It does make the program come to life, i would like to know too. Some remote areas have no chatter, i guess its done on purpose right, and i assume i can add them? I'll look at the manual, but creating my own will never sound as good as what RC has!

I'm checking to see if I have a prior version CD and if I do I'll post, if that's OK with JD.