Sign in to follow this  
flightsimmer747

does RC talk to all AI regardless of speed of speech?

It seemed at a slower speech speed not that many transmissions get through UNLESS the other planes were on another frequency, and i'm totally wrong. I had alot of aircraft over EDDF and approach and then ground hardly spoke to that many AI during rush hour? So just curious about this?and2. Is their no chatter (pre recorded) in this part of the world (at EDDF), was the UK version of Radar contact created for this reason and to have a different vocabulary too vs USA and FAA regulations? It seemed very lonely without pre recorded chatter and as mentioned above not many interactions with AI planes.Correct me if im wrong?I will try a different scenario but until I do i was curious, anyway of knowing where pre recorded chatter exists?Thanks!

it is possible if you have all the chatter voices slowed down, they don't finish what they are saying before something else is ready to be said2) in older versions of rc, there was pre-recorded chatter for specific airports, etc was taken out to make room for more voicestry speeding up the chatter and controller voices, see what happens.also, if you aren't on the same freq as the ai are, when they do something that i need to say, you won't hear anythingjd

let me clarifypre-recorded chatter is on the "full rc" installin the past, there have been sets of pre-recorded chatter of specific airports. those were removed in v4, to make room for more pilots and controllersi'm not sure whether they were on the v4.0 cd install, or not.jd

Speeding up the voices helped alot!I'm glad thats cleared up.However taking off from EDDF this morning was a mess, it may not be RC, but here is what happened, i was told to taxi runway 25r where there was about 10 other aircraft none of them moved for about 30 minutes and i waited. There wasn't much arriving aircraft as they could of told other planes to depart in the mean time. Then i decided to look at the winds, so i used refresh AI from active sky's menu and the runway changed they were all being taxied to 07L so i asked ground and they gave me 07L, which at this point the flow was much better and realistic, it felt as if the AI did not want to depart from a tailwind runway at all not even taxi into position. As for the pre recorded chatter i installed the full fs9 RC, i heard some in the USA but none yet in Europe :( (is this possible)?? I loved OCEANIC thanks for that!

do you have interact with ai, and ai chatter both checked on the options screen?there may be some european chatter, but it is not going to be localized to an airportit will be based on atc center/sectorjd

Yup interaction with ai on and ai chatter on.Euro chatter, any easy way to know which centers include these. If its to complicated forget it, i'll be surprised thats all!

look in z4.csv, with notepad.find the atc center, the first number is the center numberin winwoodnnn would be the directory where the .wavs arewinwoodnnntwr, winwoodnnngnd, winwoodnnnatc1 (low center chatter), atc2 (high center chatter), atc3 (super center chatter)this is documented in the manual, under adding the chatterjd