Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alias

Vectors go crazy

Guest Alias

Hi,new to the forum. I'm learning this new wonderful add-on and I have some questions.I've just made a short leg between EDDM and LIPZ with Alt. RESTRICTIONS "on" in order to be free to fly both SID and STAR. To enter the STAR at LIPZ you have to be at 5000 Ft. at VIC so I have instructed my FMC, but, arriving at the waypoint before VIC, I was ordered to descent to FL120 "when ready". That was OK but I needed to be lower in order to comply with the constraint. My question is: shouldn't the ATC let me free to fly the STAR as I want? VIC is at 29,1 Miles from LIPZ therefore within the limits.Another issue is that although I asked for vectors to final, ATC gave me lots of headings which virtually lead me to a holding for 1/2 an hour with no reason since I was at the same altitude all the time.Your comments is appreciated.Thank youLorenzo

Not 100% sure but did you ask for PD, early enough before you initiated the descent?p.s.Question, seeing you landed at LIPZ, did you hear any pre recorded chatter over Italy?

have you flown any of the tutorials? read the section on sids and stars?you do what the controller says. not what the fmc or what you want to do.stars end at first contact with approach. if you want to fly the rest of the approach per your star, ask for a IAP approach when you contact approachaltitude restrictions that you were referring to, only apply to departure procedures.for your last question, i'm not sure i understand.read the tutorials, fly them, see if it begins to make sense.jd

Guest Alias

>Not 100% sure but did you ask for PD, early enough before you>initiated the descent?>>p.s.>Question, seeing you landed at LIPZ, did you hear any pre>recorded chatter over Italy?No, actually no although everything is checked. My crusing altitude was FL250 and I reach it, but seconds later I was taken down immediately to FL240 for most of the flight (because of the correct flight level to keep for west bound flights I suppose)although I had asked for PD, then at a reasonable moment, I was asked to descend to FL180 then, when ready, to FL130. Anyway the strangest things are all those turns even if I asked for vectors to final...Shall try again.Thanks everybody.Lorenzo

Guest Alias

Hi,just to let you know that I have flown again and that was much better, I don't know but in some ways I think my first poor attempt was given by some kind of error that can always happen on PC when many add-ons run at the same time (AS6, FSNavigator, RC, Ground Environment and sceneries)And now, let's go flying...Regards.Lorenzo