Sign in to follow this  
Guest Alias

Holdings

Guest Alias

Hi,I have notice that holdings are managed by vectoring the aircraft in a squared pattern.I don't know if this happens in real life too - I think so - but usually holdings are issued around a defined fix in format similar to this: "Speedbird 123 hold at xyz fix/vor, as filed or how many degrees, R or L turn, how many minutes leg time or how many Nm per leg, expect further clearence at...".Since holdings are 99% issued around a VOR near the STAR, would it be possible to add this feature in the next release? I'm perfeclty aware of the fact that is not so simple to program a new code to add this feature,on the other hand I think people using a/c equipped with FMC will like this, and people using a/c non RNAV equipped will make a good exercise of old navigation style.Just a suggestion.Best regards.Lorenzo

if the co-pilot has the comms, you will always get vectorsalso, if the last checkpoint is not a voralso, if you choose vectors over holding pattern when asked.with the right conditions, you can do either/orjd

Guest Alias

Thanks jd, very interesting. I have just read that part of the manual; this add-on is so complex that it's hard to figure out all its features.;-) CheersLorenzo

i think this is covered in the tutorials as well. have you flown them?jd

Guest Alias

No, actually not. But I will keep an eye on them ;-) Lorenzo

read them, fly them. you will enjoy rc much more, once you understand some of the beauty under the coversjd