Sign in to follow this  
jobepilot

Voice sets

no, sorry. we're working on the v5 scripts, and start recording for v5jd

Guest SkullxBones

Any chance in V5 we can control the speed of voices, similar to what Editvoicepack does for default ATC? It would be nice to have the option to speed up voices.

Guest SkullxBones

It would be nice to have the fastest setting at a pace that's too fast for anyone, then we could all slide it down to the exact level we like.Right now I'm stuck on the fastest setting, but still want more speed.

Yes that's a very good point!! Even at the fastest possible voice speed, some voices still seem a bit too slow. That is no doubt one of the reasons why the critics mention the voices sounding unnatural and robotic. I always think what is actually said is far more important than what the voice sounds like, which is why RC4 is a vast improvement over default ATC, but if the voice speed could be increased further, then that would be an additional bonus.Anyone who has listed to real ATC communications will know that those guys speak fast! Very fast!

it all depends on how fast the original recorder speaks when recording. i can't very well speed that up.but, i'm glad to hear there are so many people who want to record for v5. hope to hear from you guys too, when the time comesjd

Yes that's good - the more different voice sets, the better.Another one of the major advatanges of RC4 over default ATC is "recognising" the voice of a controller while in their airspace. While travelling through a particular ATC area, all communications from the controller use the same voice, with different voice sets for the various other air traffic. Until I them get handed over to another controller, in a different sector, with a different voice. Very very realistic.As far as I can remember, default ATC does not do this. I find it hard to tell different default ATC voices apart, and don't think there is the same continuity. In short, I don't know who is talking to who - perhaps why I used to keep the text displayed on default, but don't need to since upgrading to RC4.Also you will pleased to hear that, although there may currently be a limit to the number of different controller voice sets on ATC, I don't notice any problem with the same voice set being used more than once during a long flight. Will be good to hear what new controllers have joined the RC4 towers!

For v4 we had no shortage of US and UK male volunteers. Whilst those are appreciated it would be especially nice to have French, German and Spanish as well as a few females with any accent.So if any of you would like to volunteer your girlfriends / wives for a recording session we'd be very grateful. My personal favourite would be for lots of French ladies with that accent of theirs. :-)Cheers,

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

Guest ALT370

Hi,at the moment I have time to fly around little bit, mostly Europe and also miss some accents. Especially French, Spanish, the Dutch, German and what about from Eastern Europe? Frankly spoken, the accents provided by v4 are too boring and in my opinion the voices sound little bit too distinctive. I try to overcome this by switching on liveatc to have a small variety although it does not fit to the traffic around.But not to mention only negative issues here (it's not really negative, sorry) RC has a large capability. It has so many features that it is not boring to be guided by RC. :-) And never experienced bad approaches, bad vectoring etc, it's a great add-on. Not to mention the good support here. Thanks guys. Hopefully RC5 will have more improvements in accents, voice varieties etc and even depending accents for each region you overfly.Can't you make any announcements on forums or something like advertisements for voice volunteers? Kind regards,Axel.

Hi Axel,How does the expression go? Beggars can't be choosers. We have to rely on volunteers and also the quality of their recordings is important. If we get lots of US and UK volunteers and little or no German, French, Polish volunteers there's nothing we can do about it.We'd all like to get a greater variety of accents but it's down to people to volunteer.I'm sure JD will provide information on v5 when he deems it appropriate. That's not something I can do - sorry.Thanks for your interest.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

we've always posted calls for volunteers here. and when the scripts are finalized, we will do it again.and we look forward to many more volunteers from all countries.jd