Sign in to follow this  
Guest torrens

NO WAY OF SAVING RC FLIGHTS

Guest torrens

I have been using RC on FSX for a few months now and I am quite pleased with the software except for a problem which I am sure must have an easy solution but so far I have not been able to find it: All the default key functions work well except for "Save RC/FS State". I guess when I press the keys mentioned, the FS menu for saving flights should open. Well, in my case it does not, RC does not respond and the plane keeps on flying. If I use the FS menu or keyboard to save my RC flights, I get 4 files: .WX, .FLT, .FSSAVE and .FMC, but no RCD file at all. I have tryed first removing a default key in my LVLD 767 that was in conflict with CS+;, changed the default key first to CS+* and then to CS+

Hi,No Save menu will open when you press the Save Flight key combo. You should see confirmation in the RC window that the flight has been saved. Your flight will continue without interruption.If you want further confirmation pause FS and minimise it. Open Explorer and locate the Flight Simulator X Files folder and sort in descending date order. You should see three files with the same name at the top of the list. The filename is quite complex but will include the ICAO of your departure and desination airports.If you don't see those files then there is a conflict with your chosen key combo for saving flights. Keep trying and you should eventually find one that works.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

have you clicked on the .flt/.wx button, and defined the path where fs stores it's .flt and .wx files?jd

Guest torrens

OK. Thank You, But even if I do not get a saving menu, in my file for saved flights there should be a .rcd with the ICAO of my departure and destination airports, and I do get a file with that name but it is not a .rcd, but a .rc4. Besides, when I want to return to the saved flight and press "Load Previously Saved RCDs", although the path is set correctly and it shows the proper file I get no .rcd at all and I can not get out of .rcd, Radar Contact Data, to try other file extensions like .rc4. I have made a search of my whole computer to check whether .rcd files were being stored in another path with nothing shown.If i finally have to make a combo research to get the right one could you give me any indication of which are the best chances.By the way, I have a registered FSUIPC 4 updated to 4.28

follow the steps pinned at the top of the forumstart fs, load a .pln, click fly nowstart rc, click debug, load the .pln, click start rcflip to fs, with fs running, not paused, and press ; or ctrl-shift-;then stop rc, zip up the .log and send it to mejd

Guest torrens

Please find enclosed a zip file with a rcv4.log made as per your instructions. For your information, I use a soft called AlacrityPC that shuts down all unnecessary services and programs before starting FSX.

Guest torrens

JUST SENT ZIPS BY MAIL

Guest photophor

I have seen this problem of missing .rcd files on a number of occasions. I play Flight Simulator intensely for a period of months then I leave it for something else. When I come back to FS I nearly always lose a flight because the .rcd file did not save. First flight out, I save my flight and *immediately* quit FS. When I restart I find that the .rcd file wasn't saved. It gets me every time.This is pure hunch but I guess that when FSX saves its own files it sends a message to SimConnect and after that message has passed through FSUIPC Radar Contact wakes up to the idea that maybe it needs to do something. If FS gets shut down before Radar Contact can act on the message then it does not save the .rcd file.There is a delay in saving the .rcd file. If you look at the Flight Simulator folder immediately after you think you have saved you'll see the .rcd file is missing. If you wait a while you'll find it there. I've never timed it but I'd guess it is less than a minute or two.

I have seen this problem of missing .rcd files on a number of occasions. I play Flight Simulator intensely for a period of months then I leave it for something else. When I come back to FS I nearly always lose a flight because the .rcd file did not save. First flight out, I save my flight and *immediately* quit FS. When I restart I find that the .rcd file wasn't saved. It gets me every time.This is pure hunch but I guess that when FSX saves its own files it sends a message to SimConnect and after that message has passed through FSUIPC Radar Contact wakes up to the idea that maybe it needs to do something. If FS gets shut down before Radar Contact can act on the message then it does not save the .rcd file.There is a delay in saving the .rcd file. If you look at the Flight Simulator folder immediately after you think you have saved you'll see the .rcd file is missing. If you wait a while you'll find it there. I've never timed it but I'd guess it is less than a minute or two.
99 times out of 100 times, the problem with missing rcd files, is the path is undefined. make sure the path to the "flight simulator files" or "flight simulator x files" is correct by clicking the .flt/.wx button, and defining the correct path.