Sign in to follow this  
jaje

Loading a saved rcd file

HiFirstly, thanks for such a fabulous program - I've been using it for only a couple of weeks, and it far exceeds my expectations.However, I'm having some difficulty loading a saved .rcd file. I open FSX, load the saved flight, then open RC, click on the Load saved button and select the required rcd file. The green loading line begins,goes to the first green dot then nothing happens for a long time. I've tried closing RC and retrying the load, but with the same result. But here's the strange thing: Eventually I get a screen message "Cannot load XXXXX.rcd". I click OK, and RC immediately loads into FSX!!What am I doing wrong?jaje

no idea what is going wrong.can you send me the .flt, .wx, and .rcd and let me try it here?also, what plane is active, when you load the .pln?what version of fsuipc is installed?jd

Hi jdI'm using FSUIPC 4.28Plane loaded is the default Airbus A321Attached zip file with the requested filesThanks for the help

Hi JD, have you found any answers to this...I have been having the same problem for months...possible after I had to do a reinstall of the program. It does load the flight, but things work slowly, ie the options to respond to a clearance take a few seconds to come up. Thanks.Larry

uncheck it. unless you want to read what is being said. otherwise, it is causing the slowdownjd

Hi JD,You may miss this reply, didn't have a chance to test your suggestion for a while. Unchecking the display text does help the program move along once started, but still have the problem of slow loading of saved record and the mesg that RC was unable to load flt, but it does load after you click OK. Also when shutting down FS RC does not shut down, and when I force the closing I get a "program not responding" window.So, I guess it's not 100%, but does work other than these annoyances. Will check to forum for any future posts on this.Regards,LarryMoBo nvidia 680 SLIRAM 2-1 Ghz pc 800 DDR 2CPU Intel Q 6600 quad core 2.4 GhzGPU nvidia 8800 GTS OCOS XP SP3FSX SP2

Version 4.2.8.0 which I believe is the most current.LMoBo nvidia 680 SLIRAM 2-1 Ghz pc 800 DDR 2CPU Intel Q 6600 quad core 2.4 GhzGPU nvidia 8800 GTS OCOS XP SP3FSX SP2

JD, the loading problem occurs whether I am running an addon aircraft, scenery or something like Cockpit Chatter. Today as a test I started FS created a flt plan using FS (normally I use FS Commander) with a default aircraft and nothing running in the back ground. Started RC loaded the flt plan and started FS. Got my clearance and then saved the flt and closed everything. Restarted FS loaded the saved flt. started RC and loaded the rcd, same results, long wait (50-60secs) the "unable to load..." clicked OK and FS came up with RC running at the point I had saved. Even tried starting FS and then trying to load the saved flt using RC, which I thought you should be able to do,but had to load the flt using FS and then RC for the flt to load. We have a rather crude saying here in the US about "beating a dead horse", the point is that I was just curious about a possible cause for this anomaly,since someone else was also having the same problem, but it is just an annoyance, it will not keep me from using the program or purchasing some future upgraded program. I appreciate your taking the time to pursue this, I consider it a victory when a customer gets treated fairly and with respect.Regards,LarryMoBo nvidia 680 SLIRAM 2-1 Ghz pc 800 DDR 2CPU Intel Q 6600 quad core 2.4 GhzGPU nvidia 8800 GTS OCOS XP SP3FSX SP2

make a .loginstructions pinned at the top of the forumzip it up, and send it to mejd

The flight file has been sent directly to you. Regards,LarryMoBo nvidia 680 SLIRAM 2-1 Ghz pc 800 DDR 2CPU Intel Q 6600 quad core 2.4 GhzGPU nvidia 8800 GTS OCOS XP SP3FSX SP2