Sign in to follow this  
jaje

Loading a saved rcd file

Guest rocketeer

>Hi>Firstly, thanks for such a fabulous program - I've been using>it for only a couple of weeks, and it far exceeds my>expectations.>>However, I'm having some difficulty loading a saved .rcd file.>I open FSX, load the saved flight, then open RC, click on the>Load saved button and select the required rcd file. The green>loading line begins,goes to the first green dot then nothing>happens for a long time. I've tried closing RC and retrying>the load, but with the same result. But here's the strange>thing: Eventually I get a screen message "Cannot load >XXXXX.rcd". I click OK, and RC immediately loads into FSX!!>>What am I doing wrong?>>>jajeHmmm, I wonder what the resolution of this problem was? I got RC4 last week and I've been reading, but I have the very same problem, except my error message says "Cannot load XXXXX.flt" and note that's the FLT file, not the RCD file. And that's the end of it--no RC4 in the continuation of the flight (with the default King Air in this case). THe Wx/FLT directory is correct. It doesn't seem to matter if FS Commander is running or not. FSUIPC4 is always running. Anyway, I've attached a log file, or if that doesn't work I can email per pinned topic.edit: The flight info in the log file is not about the flight I try to reload--it's a previous flight.

first, you have to define the path to where fs stores the .flt and .wx filessecond, for every .rcd in that directory, there has to be a .flt and .wx file by the same name.if you are trying to load a .rcd, and i can't find the .flt file, then the .rcd and the path is wrong. or something happened to the .flt and/or the .wx filesjd

Guest rocketeer

Thanks for the reply. Yes, as I said, the FLT/Wx path is correct. There are paired files for those flights saved when RC was running, so the explanation would seem to be that there is something wrong with one of the files--either FLT or RCD. Unfortunately, the problem occurs with any of the RCD files that I try to load (and for which there is a FLT counterpart). It seems unlikely that the problem is with RC4. So maybe it's FSX, or due to an add-on conflict (FEX, GEX, UTX, FSGen). Anyway, it'll take some time to re-install everything.

so, you are saying there is a .flt, .wx and .rcd file, with relatively the same date/time stamp, and they all have the same name?jd

Guest rocketeer

Yes, that is exactly what I am saying. All three of the saved flights I have tried to load have individually a FLT, RCD and WX file with the same name and time/date stamp in the same location. FWIW, documents on my system do not default to the C: drive "My Documents" folder, but to a different drive. I don't know, I'm sure I'm overlooking something, so please excuse me because I'm definitely VFR in IFR conditions.

start fs, load a .pln, and click fly nowstart rc, click debug, load a .pln, and click start rcwhile you are sitting at the departure airport, with fs and rc running press ctrl-shift-;exit rczip up the .log, and send it to me, with the 3 files rc generated. in the email with the files, please tell me the path where you found the 3 files.jd