Sign in to follow this  
Guest richbass

RC crashes!

Guest richbass

Have recently installed RCv4.3 and after some difficulties (Vista64!!!) managed to make the program run.Now have "Run time error 75. Radar Contact.fsuipc.rcv4" message.Any help would be appreciated.Running Vista64 with FS9.FSUIPC.dll v3.75 installed in FS9Modules.Have the RC window displayed with numbers to contact Clearance and WX briefing. Have heard the WX brief but it keeps going round in a loop - won't stop - and unable to contact Clearance.At this point, the error message appears. Clicking "OK" shuts down RC.Default ATC completely "off" and sound set at "zero".Rich.

follow the steps pinned at the top of the forum, and create a .logare you running as administrator (right mouse clicking the .exe or shortcut, and then clicking run as adminsitrator?)fsuipc 3.81 is the current release. you can download it from the link pinned at the top of the forumatis weather is a loop. so you hear it every 60 seconds, or there abouts.jd

Guest richbass

JD,unable to create "log file"...........After clicking DeBug and then "starting" RC the prog just freezes/crashes and leaves another message....Run time error '52': bad file name or number. OK.I am hoping the downloaded program is not corrupt in any way and am now going to uninstall RC, reboot and then re-install to see if that makes any difference.Rich.

is this on vista? are you running it by right mouse clicking, clicking run as adminsitrator?jd

Guest richbass

>is this on vista? are you running it by right mouse clicking,>clicking run as adminsitrator?>>jdJD,yes Vista 64 Premium............Problem now sorted!!!Updated fsuipc as suggested and a few other "housekeeping" jobs.Sorry! Did not realise that you have to "run as administrator" EVERY TIME the program is run from desk-top shortcut.And this is an improved OS? Some things,, I fear are not always new AND improved.Thanks for your "ear". Short test confirms what my friend told me about RC - suuuppperrrrb.Rich.

the problem is that i write to files stored where you installed rc. that is in most cases c:program files which is off limits to vista, without admin privsyou can also right mouse click the .exe, go to compatibility, and click the run as administrator checkboxjd