Sign in to follow this  
Guest bbrown46034

Radar Contact won't recognize keyboard inputs

Guest bbrown46034

I've installed RC, loaded my 1st flight plan and I see the RC window when the flight is loaded; but it won't accept my keyboard inputs. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong but I've read and re-read the installation portion of the manual and can't find what I'm missing. I tried using the default RC keyboard mapping and when I hit the keys I get no response from RC. I added a shift to the default commands but I still get no response from RC. Any thoughts?Regards,Brandon BrownCicero, IN USA

anything else running with rc and fs?does the fs window have focus? in other words, your keys are going to flight sim? not the fsuipc window, but fs itselfis fs paused?follow the steps pinned at the top of the forum, to create a .log file, duplicate the problem, press some keys, and send me the .logjd

JD,I wonder it this is simular to my problem regarding the lack of being able to start engines on aircraft. I can start them until I start RC then they will not start and in at least one case I had to restart the computer before everything was back to normal. See the 9TH topic started by me below.Also, can I do a second install of FS9 calling the directory FS2004 and test this problem with no add-ons?Thanks.Dick

if you are using 1 and 2 for menu items 1 and 2, then you're not going to be able to use E1 and E2 to start themthat's why you set ctrl-shift-1 and ctrl-shift-2 in the rc menus.you have to restart fs, after settting the new keys for rcsend the .log when you canjd