Sign in to follow this  
Guest GabeThePilot

Excellent Manual - Now I've Read It ! - One Niggle Though

Guest GabeThePilot

Hi All,I have one problem....when I'm told to increase altitude from say 7000 to 10,000 feet, I can only go up at around 500ft/min.......now after around 60 seconds the geezer starts to harrang me......clearly it's gonna take me more than 5 minutes to get to within 500ft of my assigned - should this be adjusted a little - it knows I'm in a prop.....just a suggestion for next version.Read the manual and followed the tutorials - wish I'd done it earlier. ATC is lot simpler than I thought - for some reason, I had the impression that they were there to hold my hand throughout the entire flight - how wrong was I !Anyway, great manual and well written - all my questions were answered.I, like many I guess, hate reading manuals - but when you know diddly squat about ATC - and with a program as complex as this - it is a good idea !Cheers

do you have pilot autoreply on? if so, turn it off.then when you're told to climb and maintain 10000, don't acknowledge, until you are in your climb.jd

Guest GabeThePilot

Yes I worked out that that was the best workaround - shame its necessary though.

Guest Mower

Will RC 5 address this? Looking forward to RC 5 immensely.4x is good but getting long in the tooth frankly. I would really like to see RC give taxi routes too.

it is more realistic, don't you think? you having to acknowledge an atc clearance, instead of it just happening?

what is 4.3 "long in the tooth for"taxi routes are coded, and being tested. some third party sceneries have skimped on labeling some taxi ways, resulting in no path being found.