Sign in to follow this  
JeffEvans

Impossible altimeter settings

I'm posting this in both the HiFi Sim forum and the Radar Contact forum because I don't know which is causing my problem.I live in Sacramento and every time I try to fly around the Sacramento and Northern California area I get absolutely impossible altimeter settings, below 27.00.I receive the altimeter setting from Radar Contact but as I understand it RC is getting the info from ActiveX. When I press the "B" key to auto-reset the altimeter it tries to reset to the given setting but cannot go below 27.00. I get altimeter settings given as low as 26.78 and even 25.75. This obviously causes problems because I keep getting chewed out by the RC controller for busting my altitude but although my altimeter is showing, for example, 3,000 feet, I'm actually around 500 feet. Makes for some pretty interesting ILS approaches to say the least.Would appreciate any help you guys can give me.

When this problem exists, press the SHIFT-Z combination to see what pressure is being written to the FS weather engine for comparison.Active Sky writes to the FS weather engine. RC via FSUIPC reads that pressure from FS. As jd stated the version especially of the 4 series of FSUIPC is important. If needed, follow the links at the top of the forum to update your FSUIPC.

Using FSUPIC4.26. I'll try the SHIFT-Z next time and see what happens.Just downloaded FSUIPC4 v4.28I'll try another flight this afternoon.