Sign in to follow this  
bkeske

Sound conflict with Radar Contact?

Hey...got a question....having a great time with Radar Contact BTW ;)I use Voice Buddy to control my aircraft functions via voice commands. The last couple flights it seems as if Radar Contact is conflicting with the Voice Buddy program. Under certain transmissions Radar Contact is 'suspending' my flight (pause). The key command in Voice Buddy to pause a flight is 'p', just as it is in FS default. The voice command is 'suspend flight'. Any idea why I would be getting this conflict? Don't understand how the two can be 'hearing' each other. I use headphones while flying, with a separate mic for voice transmissions. I never have sounds coming through the speakers while in FS, as any sounds (other than my voice) would get picked up by the mic.I also use Live ATC to listen to live streaming chatter, but it does seem to the issue.Thanks in advance....did a search, but didn't see this issue by anyone else.

you don't have the option to pause radar contact a certain distance from the arrival airport, set?jd

Nope, unchecked. This actually happened this evening after departure, and then a couple times during the flight while responding to RC. I do 'answer' RC with voice commands via Voice Buddy.....as example...if I need to acknowledge a directive per key 7, I say, 'select 7' into the mic. The issue is, the sim is pausing while a controller is speaking to me, not while I am responding. As I use headphones to hear all transmissions and sounds in FS, I cannot figure out how Voice Buddy is 'hearing' the controller speak without being heard externally by the mic. I have to assume there is some type of 'internal' connection being made.

i was grasping at straws.no clue what the problem is. there are no rc menu items, or commands that would cause rc to pause, like you are describing.i'm assuming fs doesn't pause when you don't use voice buddy?jd

I never use FS without voice commands, but I assume not. In FS9 I used 'Flight Assistant', but it did not work well in FSX, thus the move to Voice Buddy. I try not to touch my keyboard in FS while flying.Not sure JD....I may simple remove the pause command from the Voice Buddy 'command' file, (or change the voice command, and see if that is the only conflict. Just thought you may have run into something similar.

Well jd, tried different key strokes/voice commands for 'pause', but it did not resolve the issue. I had to turn of AI chatter, as around Boston it was pausing every couple minutes with all the voice activity. Very strange...gotta do some digging...