Sign in to follow this  
Guest TPN_Turnip

Being vectored then not being vectored.

Guest TPN_Turnip

Quick question on departure vectoring.On one of the tutorial flight plans supplied with RC, after I depart, they tell me to fly runway heading. After a bit, the have me turn to a course that is close to my next waypoint.If I make a IFR flight plan without a SID / STAR, I am told to takeoff and fly runway heading and am not told to turn again. Am I supposed to just switch to NAV and let the plane fly the course without being told to do so?( I hope I made that question clear enough. )ThxTurnipSPECS:VISTA Home Basic 580 WATT Sunbeam PowerCrucial Ballistix 4GB(2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAMASUS P5N-E SLI LGA 775 NVIDIA nForce 650i SLI ATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 Conroe 2.33GHz LGA 775 65W Dual-Core Processor Model BX80557E6550ATI Radeon 3870 512250 GB WD SATA HD 120 GB WD IDE HDftxsupporter.gif[/url]

If your first waypoint on your FS plan that you file with RC is within 30 nm, you'll be expected to navigate all waypoints to that on your own it being considered a filed departure procedure. If it is outside 30 nm you'll get vectors to line you up. This can be overridden with option settings.The clue is your clearance that states as filed then you do your own nav.See manual pages 92 and 109.