Sign in to follow this  
sbclark

Registry Key of FS-9 not found

I am currently running WideFS and RC on another PC and FS9 on a 2nd PC. Every time I install RC, I receive the following message twice during the install "Registry Key of FS-9 not found, please browse to your FS-9 directory, and press OK." So I tried two different ways I thought was the FS9 folder:1) Connect via the shared networked drive to

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

what version of rc?if this happens when you try to rebuild the scenery database, it is looking for the path to where the fs9.exe is located.otherwise, i'm not sure where this message would come fromif it is asking for the fs9 directory, it wants the directory where the fs9.exe is locatedjd

It is RC v4.3.Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

JD,I

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

i just looked at the code, and i can't find anywhere that i have that error message, or any key that i'm looking for.when does this error occur again?can you create a .log (follow the directions pinned at the top of the forum), and send it to me?jd

JD,Thanks for your quick response.Firstly, the error, or better yet, the message "Registry Key of FS-9 not found," occurs during the installation phase of RC, not when you run RC. I have gone thru the install many times now and it seems that I am asked to point to where the FS9 directory is every time, which I would expect. I would think once would be enough, but when the installer asks 3 more times, I begin to doubt that the install is progressing properly. So the place for you to look is in the installation SW code, not the RC code.Secondly, I will go ahead and complete the install, even though I have to answer this question 4 times in a row. I will then run the RC program to see if it runs properly. But reading thru this forum, there have been others who have encountered "run time" errors later if they experienced this same issue as I have.So you may want to check out the installation module code and associated files as to where and what the installer is looking for when it asks the question "Registry Key of FS-9 not found." Regards,Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

it's a problem with the installer and/or lack of me knowing how to "Store" the path, for the next time i need it.the install is working fine. no worriesjd

JD,It appears I got a successful installation, at least it worked for one flight.As to the installer, it appears that asking for the location of fs9.exe isn't really happening, possibly this location is determined once RC has been installed and and is run during the setup phase.Possibly the next time you roll the code, you could just delete this one install step, or fix it so it works.Those are my thoughts!Thanks,Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

i have to copy 3 files to the fs9 directory. that is why i have to ask for the path 3 times, if the registry key isn't there.if i knew how to remember the path, from setup step to setup step, i wouldn't have to ask 3 timesjd

OK,Now we know.For those contemplating a WideFS install, this might be worth posting as a "sticky" message on this forum, and an FAQ on your RC website.This issue cost me a lot of time before finally resolving!Bill

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2