Sign in to follow this  
Guest LarsKluver

Run-time error

Hello, I'm just checking in to keep this thread alive.I have checked that the proper path is entered, I have reinstalled v4.3. The problem is still there.I have not re-installed v.4.3 although this according to you Lars, was successfull for you.I have not disabled the autosave program by Pete Dowson although you suggested that JD. The reason why is that for several years RC did function with it. Hence, something else is the source of this malfunction. Therfor I now only follow the simple fact that JD has stated all the time; RUNTIME ERROR 70 IS PERMISION DENIED. !So, following this "track" I have discovered that a lot of files have the "Read-only" checked. I am, almost, sure that the attributes of those files have been changed "lately".My saved flight-files (xxxx.flt) along with saved RC-files (xxxx.rcd) and weather -files (xxxx.wx) are saved in C:Documents and SettingsAdmiMy DocumentsFlight Simulator Files.I suppose the same as for all of you.These folders have all the attributes "Read-only", but for me the .flt, .rcd and .wx- files also were read-only.I have changed the attributes of the .flt, .rcd and .wx- files by unchecking the read-only.However, unchecking the read-only attributes for the above mentioned folders is impossible. I googled the problem and found a lot of stuff about this latter issue. I'm working parallell with that.I let you know if the unchecking of read-only for the .flt, .rcd and .wx- files makes the RC function well again.I have to work with this inbetween.......Carl

send me a log of the failure.run as admin if vistaif you're running kapersky, let me know.you could also try installing rc into another directory, not sure where yours is installedjd

Well then, it seems I'm back in business !!!However, I made three changes at one time ( I didn't have the patient anymore; to make one change at a time and test the RC every single time), so I can't tell which of the changes should be qualified as the final solution.As for the version of windows and so on, please read through the whole thread. In addition we have been mailing each other a few times now JD, giving you som logs and system info by using the about button within RC.....:-) Here's what I did:1. Changed attributes in every .flt-file by un-checking the read-only option2. Un-checked "Use simple file sharing" (under tools-folder option- view)3. Modified the registry for the purpose of configuring Windows Explorer to use system flag instead of the read-only flag. This is done in the registry key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrent VersionExplorerWell, that's it !!Thanks for paying so much attention JD and thanks for comments and suggestions Lars.Carl

I was told that my previous message wasn't clear about that I actually had solved the problem. I surely have solved it, no more runtime error 70 now and the remedy was one of the three points listed. Which one I don't know as I changed all three before testing.