Sign in to follow this  
Nigge

Problem with delay vectors

Hi!Ive been having a problem with delay vectors during my approaches,The latest time i got a message that i should proceed direct to TRS for delay vectors, i get like 3 or 4 vectors then the vectors just stop, and i proceed straight ahead for like 40 minutes untill i had to announce minimum fuel and then i got to land,the thing is that there isnt hardly any other traffic, neither on the TCAS and nobody is speaking, anyone else has got this trouble?i really like the feature to be placed in holds when there is a LOT of traffic... but not to NEVER be let out of them.Anyone know a sollution?Thanks:)/Niklas

Niklas Eriksson

i doubt the vectors just stop. are you at the right altitude, and heading for each legfollow the instructions pinned at the top of the forum, and duplicate the problem, and send me the .logremember that FL120 is not 12000, and 12000 is not FL120 in some areas of the world.jd

Yes I follow the instructions excatly as i get them, and isnt FL120 FL120 as long as you have QNH 1013 as long as you are above TL?, if other I guess the atc would have told me that i im on the wrong altitude... and i follow the vectors, i just dont get called up anymore after the last vectors... the last vector sounded like "Scandinavian 147 fly heading 275 degrees" I started to fly 175 degrees and then kept flying that direction for 40 minutes untill i was hm like 60 nm away from the holding point and didnt here my callsign anymore untill i declared minimum fuel. Ill check the .log file, not sure that i can duplicate the problem since it happens very randomly... But i

Niklas Eriksson

Make sure there are no outstanding acks for you to take care of on the menu. That can stall things.I take it you were issued a hold command, reached the holding point, and entered the hold as instructed including the correct race track pattern and inbound/outbound headings using your own navigation. Is it when you are released from the hold that you are experiencing the problem?Remember holds are not always issued as I recall.

Hi, to start off... many thanks for all the help, you guys are always helpsome!:)And no i did not have anything unanswered...all i had was two points on the display from radar contact(that shows the direction and distance to the next waypoint) it said TRS(the vor i was directed to when my problem started) and ESSA that was my arrival airport...For the best of my knowledge the "instructions" was like this"Due to traffic we have been shut down by the approach controller,proceed direct to Tango Romeo Sierra for delay vectors"I flew direct to TRS-Vor and just as i approach TRS i got new instructions"Turn heading XXX degrees descend FL120"Then after been flying in that direction for a while, like 5 -10 minutes or so(cant really remember) i got new instructions"Turn heading XXX" And after flying there for a while new instructions exactly as the earlier...Then quiet, well not all quiet for the first like 5-10 minutes i heard other planes getting instructions and so on, but then it was quiet for like 30 minutes, while i was still flying in the advised direction and still on FL120, i waited a while longer and then had to declare minimum fuel, and i got transfered to the Approach controller and got vectored in to land...So there was no holding with instructions just "delay vectors"

Niklas Eriksson

A couple of things to check:Keep an eye on your comm frequency to see if it was changed to a wrong frequency by RC or whatever.ALT-TAB to bring up RC to see if any error windows had popped up. These would be hidden by the FS window.Otherwise, a log as jd stated is in order.

also make sure you are flying at FL120, not 12000 - big difference.altimeter should be at 29.92 or 1013.x if you are told to fly at FL120jd

Yes, of course, im sure that i where flying at FL120 (1013/2992) so that cannot have been the problem, im trying to get the same problem again with debug on and i will send you the logfile as soon as i get there!:)

Niklas Eriksson