Sign in to follow this  
Guest dcaflyer1

Default Runway Assignments

Guest dcaflyer1

Hello,I was an avid user of RC back in the day on FS98, and have recently purchased v4. I have been pleased so far, but I came across a curious situation on my last flight. I was assigned by RC to land at DCA runway 19 (default assignment, I didn't assign any runways before launching RC), and as I was rolling out after landing I saw an AI aircraft heading right at me landing on runway 1. I heard no communication between RC and the aircraft. So I was wondering how RC assigns default runways for landing, and assuming it is based on the winds why would this be a different RW from what Microsoft was telling the AI to land on. Please let me know if there is a way to prevent/work around this in the future.I was using ActiveSky for whether, but can't remember the specific winds at the time.Thanks.

it depends on the ai.if there are no ai, or none of them have been assigned a runway, then it is based on windsounds like maybe, you got your runway assignment, (based on wind), before any of the ai got their assignments. then you had a conflict.give fs, rc, as, and the ai time to start the flow, then you will get the same runway as the aijd