Sign in to follow this  
NeilC

Run-time error '75'

Hallo,I have been running RC4 in FS9 for ages now and it is trully the best Addon I have (along with AES).Yesterday I tried a short flight from LFML to LFMD (I had just installed France 1 airports) and I ran into a problem.Initially everything was working fine, but approaching the runway I was asked to switch to tower, and when I pressed my mapped joystick button to do this I got the Run-time error '75' message and RC4 closed down.I held short and booted it all back up again, this time it lasted longer, I got airborne, but on about the 4th frequency change (about half way through the flight) again I got the error.As I said, I haven't made any changes other than adding a couple of airports, and removing one.could someone please help a very frustrated RC fan.ThanksNeil

beta.gif

did you happen to switch to kaperskey anti virus, or change anything else on your system?jd

I did update my Comodo Firewall to the latest version.My antivirus is still the same (Sophos) but it does update definitions automatically every day.It is strange that RC4 only crashes after a while. Wouldn't you expect it to crash at the first frequency change?Thanks for your quick response.Neil

beta.gif

send me a .log. directions pinned at the top of the forumaccess denied usually means that something (kapersky or the like) has decided not to let RC write to the directory where it was launched from.jd

Thanks for the quick response,I have uninstalled my new version of Commodo firewall and reinstalled the previous version.Now all I have to do is get enough time off work (and from the wife) to test it.I'll keep you posted on any results as soon as I get them.Thanks again,Neil

beta.gif

i doubt it is a firewall issue (unless it is doing something more than firewalling)is this a widefs setup?jd

No Wide-FS,Strange thing is that it has been running fine since I installed it using all the current addons.I create the flightplan with FSbuild as a FS flightplan and then open it up in RC4.The only other change was installing a new South of France scenery (airports) which is where I was flying from when it crashed.Could it just be a one off blip?I suppose I'll find out next time I fly :-)

beta.gif

Hi,this is a long shot, but have you re-run the makerwys.exe since installing the new sceneries ?I did say it was a long shot !Regards.......Adrian W.

I managed a succesful flight this morning around the same scenery error.All worked fine.I did as you suggested and updated the scenery.I will give it another go tomorrow and if it is ok again, I will reinstall my new firewall and see what that does.Thanks again for your super, quick supportNeil

beta.gif