Sign in to follow this  
misgav

too close for comfort!

The ai traffic has been behaving badly, and it ain't getting beter.I have ultimate Traffic running with fs9.1.UT parameters are set at 100%, as I want realism.Approaches are becoming a nightmare. I don't want to point the finger at RC; rather, my suspicion is that UT is getting corrupted.Exaple. Just now I completed a flight from KORD to KMIA with a B737.KMIA approach told me to expect vectors to rwy 9L.Soon I was at 2000' capturing the localizer, 20 nm from the runway. Ahead of me, 2nm away at at the same height, another a/c was approaching 9L. Isn't that a bit close?Then, out of the blue. a 767 overtakes me above, and starts descending on its own glidepath. Since I'm slower, it flies in front of me, less than one nm ahead. The a/c ahead of the 767 is directed to go around, and soon the same applies to me.Im getting this kind of ai behaviour at most large airports on approaches. So far takeoffs are still ok.Is this a UT problem or what? Also, I've heard of this utilty-aismooth- which helps separate congested ai traffic. Might this help?Eytan Ornstein

sounds like you have crowded skies. ai smooth will help. i only seperate ai on final when you are tower frequency.jd

Thanks JD.I think I'll reduce my ai traffic density first, and use ai smooth in parallel. Hope it works.Eytan

Guest j-mo

AI Separation is another one that you should look at. I've tried both, and I prefer AI Separation.

Thanks for the tip. Never heard of AI Separation. Will take a look at it.Eytan

AI Separation skews aircraft at abnormal speeds out of your way. AI Smooth places incoming traffic in large holding pattern groups with criteria you set up for separation through the final stages of approach. This allows you to squeeze in. There is a choice of using a separation guard around your aircraft (Respond to User Aircraft) but I found this one item can cause some other problems and not realistic.I have used both and my choice was AISmooth.I also have UT at 100%.

Guest j-mo

Interesting. I didn't know that about the skewing because I haven't noticed it. The one thing I didn't like about AI Smooth was the controller voices were usually talking on top of other voices.

1. actually, it's easy to turn off the AISmooth voice; just untick the atc box in the ais window.2. I'm amazed at the AIS sophisticated traffic handling.Not only will it send incoming traffic onto holding patterns. it will also redirect planes to nearby alternate airports!Now that's smart programming. I just flew into Gatwick. AIS redirected planes to nearby Heathrow. Cool!It's like Ultimate Traffic is saying-"hey who is this dude sending MY aircraft to ANOTHER airport, the nerve! how am I going to handle that one- traffic at the alternate is bad already!" LOL.Eytan

Did not know about the alternate airport redirection. What version are you running?Thanks.