Sign in to follow this  
BlinkNFG

Reginal voices

Hi,Does Radar contact currently have (or do you have plans to add for v5) different voices for different parts of the world and different airlines. E.g would a British Airways pilot have an English accent and would an American Airlines pilot an American one?thanks

you have to plan ahead of timemaybe if we get enough vounteers for v5, we can do something more automaticjd

So presumably if I flew in the US I could program it to the use the US voices? What about airlines from outside the US that I heard - would they then have to use the US voices?

There are diverse set of accents available in RC4.3 hence the large download. Areas are defined and the most suitable voices are assigned. Not every global area is covered but there are enough similarities to make it interesting. You just have to make sure that those voices are enabled.

i guess the pilots would be per carrier, controller per region.but hopefully you'll do a pilot set, and you can just listen to your voicejd

>i guess the pilots would be per carrier, controller per>region.>So I would be able to set Radar Contact up before a flight so that British Airways pilots used a UK accent and United Airlines pilots a US accent?

that would be a goal.couldn't guarantee that an italian pilot would be heard in an air italia flightjd

When you say that is a goal is it not a feature of V4 then?I appreciate it depends on how many voice sets you have - hopefully for V5 you will get plenty of volunteers!