Sign in to follow this  
Guest tre1039

CD won't issue my IFR clearance (and I can't ask for it...

Guest tre1039

I am unable to ask for IFR clearance from CD when attempting to begin my flight from KJFK to KBOS. I am parked at the gate with the RC window open and 2 options available to me, ATIS and CD, as expected. The first odd thing that is happening is that the radios are not automatically tuning to the appropriate frequencies even though I have the "autotune on contact" feature selected in the "general" options menu. So I manually tune my radio to the ATIS frequency, press the "2" button, and get ATIS... great! I listen to ATIS, adjust my altimeter, dial in the CD frequency, press the "1" key... and nothing. I am cleary not asking for my clearance... but I want to be of course.I've tried reassigning the "1" key to "ctrl-shft-1" - that did nothing.I used simroutes to generate this flight plan and loaded it into FSX and RC prior to launching the sim. RC appears to read the flight plan just fine.I have all the FS ATC options turned off.I can get ATIS, but cannot ask for IFR clearance.Any advice/ideas/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A specific airport or all?What does the RC controller page list for frequencies?Is this default scenery or an add-on?Make sure your makerwys.exe and FSUIPC.dll is current as noted in the link in the top of the forum.Default aircraft?Windows version?FS version?

Guest tre1039

While going through your questions, I noticed that my FSUIPC/WideFS was out of date - so I reinstalled with the most recent version. Also, I waited to start RC this time until after the sim was fully loaded and I was parked at the gate. Not sure which action did it, but it works now. I did have to tune my radio manually to the CD frequency.As an FYI:A specific airport or all? Only tried at KJFKWhat does the RC controller page list for frequencies? not sure.Is this default scenery or an add-on? default KJFK with Ground Environment add-on.Make sure your makerwys.exe and FSUIPC.dll is current as noted in the link in the top of the forum. UpdatedDefault aircraft? Tried using default Airbus A321 and Wilco A320 add-on.Windows version? Windows Vista Ultimate 32FS version? FSX+SP1+SP2Thanks very much for your help!

Always start RC after your flight is loaded and if you are running a weather application such as Active Sky that it is finished writing to the FS weather engine and weather has been implemented. Also make sure your AI has settled down correctly. RC via FSUIPC reads weather and AI activity plus your own aircraft position and heading to make several decisions once you start it.