Sign in to follow this  

Best cessna 172 sim

Does anyone here know what is the best Cessna 172 skyhawk Simulator?Is it an add-on for FS, is it Fly! 2's flyhawk or Elite 7.0?Im looking for good systems modeling and flight dynamics,a simulator you can use for training. (PC based)thanks, Alex CYUL :-wave Don't count the years in your life, count the life in your years.Pentium III 933MHz256megs ram30.7 gig HDVisionTek GeForce2 Ti 64MB DDR52x CD-ROMCable modemWindows XPTTX 17" monitorLG12x8x32x cd-rwCH products flightsim yoke USB LECH products Pro Pedals USB

In my opinion FLY!2 is the best at systems modelling and flight dynamics.Mike

For C172 it actually may be FLY2. Don't know much about Elite except that it is quite expensive.Michael J.

No comment on Elite. It's expensive and I don't have it.FLYII ----- Panel is a faithful re-creation of a modern 172. Switches& knobs in the correct place. GPS may vary from the real one & I don't see any "in depth" systems. Circuit breakers don't actually function, but does it matter? Not really.... The downside is the small instruments even on my 22" monitor. Flight dynamics seem nothing special & not as good as the previous V88 172 model. My opinion of course!!FS2002 ------ Use the default, but get the 172 flight dynamic upgrade by Ron Freimuth. If you can't get it, then leave an E-Mail address. The dynamics are really quite good. I actually do like putting my right foot into the rudder for takeoffs & climb!You can also resize the panel & radio stack as in the following pic. Then save it. The advantage is large easy to read instruments for IFR type work. FS2002 also has an advantage in it's airport/taxiway & nav data-bases.L.Adamson

Larry,I do agree that instrument & gauges in FLY's C172 may be a bit small but in my many hours of flying in it - it was never an issue for me. I may also agree that FLY2k's rendition of C172 (V88) is actually not worse or perhaps even better than FL2's. But this panel in FS2002 is so plain ugly, so amateurish you would have to put a gun to my head to make me use it in a single flight. Just plain esthetics. MO of course.Michael J.

Oh could you send me Rons dynamics?claudioisani@web.de

Try the FSD C-172. Together with the sounds of the default C-172 it makes quite a nice plane. Although the FSD C-172 is for FS 2000, it works well with FS2002.Hope this helps.

> But this panel in FS2002 is so plain >ugly, so amateurish you would have to put a gun to my head >to make me use it in a single flight. Just plain esthetics. >MO of course. Agreed!!! Compare the Dreamfleet Archer for example :)When using the 172, I always went for the virtual panelL.Adamson