The all-new Mosquito add-on features the Mk VI fighter-bomber, regarded by many as the ultimate Mosquito variant. This highly detailed FSX/P3D model of de Havilland's formidable weapon features a fully functioning virtual cockpit, six authentic colour schemes and numerous animations.
7,781 examples of the Mosquito were produced in a total of 43 variants. The most popular variant was the Mk VI fighter bomber (FB) featured in this add-on, which was armed with four 20mm Hispano cannons and four .303 Browning machine guns in the nose section. A total of 2,292 examples of this version were built.
• de Havilland Mosquito Mk VI variant built over the most accurate plans available, including original factory plans and drawings
• Removable exhaust covers, nose gun panels, bomb bay doors, belly gun panels and door
• Removable engine covers which reveal highly detailed Merlin engines
• Highly detailed model with intricate separately modelled panels and rivets etc.
• Bump and specular mapping used to produce a truly 3D feel
• Truly 3D virtual cockpit right down to the cables and piping - instruments fully constructed in 3D with smooth animations
• Cockpit textures feature realistic wear and tear
• Authentic systems, including electrical, hydraulic and fuel systems
• Directional indicator, P8 compass, VOR and ADF gauge included for easy navigation
• Opening front quarter windows for both seats
• Numerous animations including functioning variable-speed windscreen wipers and signal flares
• Easy-to-use Collins-based radio stack (concealed within period radio set) and simple autopilot (altitude/heading hold)
• Floodlighting and UV gauge lighting for night operations
Six authentic colour schemes
• CY-H of 613 'City of Manchester', 138 Wing, 2nd TAF, RAF. As flown by Flg Officers Rene Puyt and Jaques Muray, August 1944
• OB_J of 45 Squadron RCAF, flown by Flg Officers Frank Scholfield and Reg 'Taffy' F Russell based at Jaori, June 1945
• HR405/NE-A of No 143 Sqn, Banff Strike Wing, flown by Flg Officers A.V.Randell and R.R Rawlins
• LR373 YH-A 21 Sqn John Randall Daniel 'Bob' Braham DSO
• HR402/OB-C of No 45 Sqn, flown by Flt Lt C R Goodwin and Flt Off S Potts, Kumbhirgram, 15 January 1945
• 464 Sqn SB-V as flown during Operation Jericho by F/LT T McPhee, RNZAF and F/Lt G W Atkins
• Layered PSD paint kit
• Realistic flight dynamics
• Authentic sound set
• Droppable bomb animation and gun firing effects
• Custom landing light effects
• 2D configuration panel (includes eyepoint adjustment tool and crew configuration)
Visit the DH.98 Mosquito FB Mk.V1 Homepage for further information.