Digital Aviation announced it has released a USA Data version of it's Radio Navigation Simulator Pro
This provides a full USA IFR dataset containing all the Navaids, Airports & Fixes in the USA (48 contiguous US States plus Alaska and Hawaii), derived from up to date FAA/NFDC aeronautical data.
Within the app, you can elect to fly in any of the 22 FAA ARTCC regions, allowing radio navigation training in your own area of interest (in addition to the originally supplied Exercise Area) thus enhancing the reality and relevance of training.
The perfect mobile tool for instructors to demonstrate radio navigation techniques, and for students to consolidate and self test. Experienced pilots will also find the simulator valuable to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test.
Radio Navigation Simulator is a precision 2D flight simulator and training aid, designed for iPad & iPhone, that enables pilots and students to practice, understand and become proficient in the use and management of VOR, DME and ADF/RMI instruments, displayed with an HSI or Directional Gyro on a choice of five realistic flight panels.
● A USA database containing all the Navaids, Airports & Fixes in the USA area (48 contiguous US States plus Alaska and Hawaii), derived from FAA/NFDC data.
● The data is selectable by ARTCC Region, to allow flight training within your area of interest.
● Instrument panels optimised specifically for iPad & iPhone, with full support for retina displays.
● An additional Exercise flight environment of approximately 150 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB Navaids & Airfields with specific training exercises.
● Scaleable chart with Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft symbols.
● Full chart management with VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
● Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
● Flight panel and navigation chart simultaneously displayed.
● Realistic flight panel with the following instruments:
● HSI, VOR, DME, ADF (RMI or RBI), RMI (dual needle) and Directional Gyro .
● Fully manageable Radios for ADF, NAV1 and NAV2 (with DME).
● Real world Variation magnetic model with display of current Variation on the Chart.
● Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
● Altitude management and display.
● Flight profile in Real or Compressed time.
● Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
● Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight environment mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
● All instruments and chart controlled with an intuitive multi gesture interface.
● Touch button flying controls.
● Popup Toolbars & Annunciators to manage flight panel facilities.
● Popup Toolbars and Icons to manage chart facilities.
● Detailed Getting Started help and full User Manual, contained within the app.
● Exercise Area chart and exercises are separately downloadable as PDF, for printing or reference.
Radio Navigation Simulator Pro USA V1.0 is available now on the App Store .