FSWidgets iGMapHD for Mac app has been updated to Version 3.0 - a free update for all registered users.
The biggest change to Version 3.0 is the complete overhaul of the mapping engine, which now uses a more capable underlying rendering engine that supports some great new features and enhancements.
Updates includes new world-wide weather options that feature Cloud, Rain, Pressure and Wind data overlays for the map.
Three new Base Map types include a satellite map with Hybrid (Road overlay) options plus a new Aero Chart for US Helicopter Routes (major US cities).
Here is the full list of changes:
- New mapping engine powered by Amazon cloud servers
- New Base Map: Shaded Terrain Hybrid (Shaded Terrain plus roads)
- New Base Map: Esri Satellite (World-wide Satellite Images)
- New Base Map: Esri Satellite Hybrid (Esri Satellite plus roads)
- New Aero Chart: US Helicopter Route (Major cities)
- New Weather Option: World Cloud Data (World-wide cloud cover data layer)
- New Weather Option: World Rain Data (World-wide rainfall data layer)
- New Weather Option: World Pressure Data (World-wide pressure data layer)
- New Weather Option: World Wind Data (World-wide wind data layer)
This is a required update for all users as the old mapping engine will soon be phased out.
To update to Version 3.0, simply download the free demo from the iGMapHD for Mac product page and replace the .app file