iBlueYonder has announced their first commercial scenery release - Nantucket Island for FSX, FSX:Steam Edition, and Prepar3D v3.
For more screenshots and to purchase, visit http://iblueyonder.com/portfolio/nantucket-island/ - it's also available on JustFlight.com, and will be in most major FS stores very soon.
Nantucket sits just off the coast of the US state of Massachusetts, below the long arm of Cape Cod. It’s an island steeped in history dating back to the colonial days, and is best known as the center of US whaling in the 19th century. These days, the primary industry is tourism. From a quiet, isolated enclave of around 10,000 in the winter, the population explodes to around five times that in summer.
Nantucket Memorial Airport (KACK) is the island’s air-link to the rest of the world. As you’ll find everywhere on Nantucket, its architecture features heavy use of characteristic unpainted wood-shingled buildings and is loaded with New England charm.
- More than 100 square miles of photo terrain in full 5-seasons
- Nuanced 1-meter terrain mesh from high-detail LIDAR data
- Detailed Nantucket waterfront modeling
- Many local VFR landmarks included
- Full autogen houses and vegetation
- Detailed, accurate rendition of Nantucket Memorial Airport based on extensive on-site photography
- Enhanced airport ground poly in Prepar3D v.3
- 3D grass, shrubbery, and other custom vegetation
- Static aircraft commonly seen on the ramp
- Custom dynamic, animated windsocks
- Seasonal models, driven by the Viva engine
- All models optimized for high performance
- Built by veteran scenery designer Bill Womack, with the help of the iBlueYonder team