iFMS is happy to announce the release of iFMS V 2.0. This latest release transforms what was already a great product into something spectacular.
Apart from the original functionality, which consisted of a “Boeing style” Flight Management System, a Navigation Display and an LNAV/VNAV engine, iFMS now also incorporates a Primary Flight Display, various EICAS displays accommodating both twin and four engine aircraft and a fully functional MCP module.
On top of that iFMS now supports multiple devices being connected to a single flight simulator.This means you can program the FMC on one device and all other devices connected to the same flight simulator will sync and display the programmed route and all associated information.
With the addition of the features above iFMS can be used to build relatively cheap, simple, but nevertheless, very realistic, “Boeing style” home cockpit.
All flight related information can now be displayed on as little as 2 or 3 tablets and/or phones, which means your flight simulator computer screen(s) can be fully used to display the outside view.For example, a simple setup could consist of:
- a Tablet in front in Landscape mode displaying the PFD and NAV displays side by side,
- a second tablet to the right in portrait mode displaying the primary and secondary EICAS displays on top of each other
- a third smaller tablet or phone (configured as Master) positioned within arm’s reach beside the pilot displaying the FMC/MCP module.
As a home cockpit building solution, iFMS is still an order of magnitude cheaper than comparable professional products such as Project Magenta and, second hand Android/iOS devices that will run iFMS can be picked up for very little money these days, which means the dream of building your own home cockpit can now become a reality at a fraction of the cost.Of course iFMS can still be used in its original form where only a single device is used to display the FMC screen and/or the NAV display.
As before, iFMS can be configured for use with almost any of your favorite Flight Simulator's standard or add-on aircraft, a number of default aircraft are included but you can easily make your own and download them to your iFMS either through iTunes on iOS devices or through file explorer on Android devices.
(Please note that it is not advised to use iFMS in combination with complex add-on aircraft such as PMDG or Level-D, since these aircraft already have a complex FMC/MCP system of their own which will conflict with iFMS)
- Realistic Flight Planning/Tracking/Navigation
- Boeing style Flight Management System
- Boeing style Primary Flight Display
- Boeing style HSI or NAV Display
- Various 2 or 4 engine EICAS Displays
- LNAV & VNAV calculation and MCP programming
- LNAV/VNAV engine to control the aircraft autopilot
- Configurable aircraft
- Use your own created aircraft files
- Loading and saving of flight plans
- Compatible with Apple iPhone, iPod and iPad
- Single portrait or side by side landscape view
- Updatable navdata through Navigraph
iFMS will run on the following devices:
- Android Phone/Tablet with at least 512mb of RAM
- Apple iPad (2nd generation or later)
- Apple iPad Mini, or
- Apple iPhone (4th generation or later)
- Apple iPod Touch (4th generation or later)
iFMS is compatible to run with:
- Microsoft Flight Simulator 9 (using FSUIPC)
- Microsoft Flight Simulator X
- Prepar3D 2.X
- Prepar3D 3.X
- X-Plane 9 (Windows only)
- X-Plane 10 (Windows and OSX)
- Stand-alone (possibly GPS driven if available)
For more information, instructions, screenshots and much more, visit the iFMS Homepage .