Just Flight's Corsair collection for FSX and P3D brings you this classic fighter in the early F4U-1 'Birdcage' variant along with an F4U-1B Royal Navy clipped wing model.
Features include six authentic HD paint schemes, a fully functioning virtual cockpit, intricate cowl flap mechanisms, wing folding mechanics, tail hook, animated bomb and drop tank release, custom Configuration panel, realistic sound set, cockpit sounds and accurate flight dynamics.
Probably the most recognised US Navy aircraft of WWII, due to its distinctive folding cranked-wing design, this Corsair has been built over the most accurate plans available, including original factory plans and drawings. The 'Birdcage' nickname is due to the copious cockpit glazing framing which was replaced in other versions of the Corsair with a single-piece blown canopy.
This highly detailed model features a fully functioning virtual cockpit, intricate cowl flap mechanisms, oil cooler and intercooler doors, wing folding mechanics, tail hook, animated bomb and drop tank release and more. An additional external model depicts the F4U-1B clipped-wing variant of the Corsair which was flown by the Royal Navy, who clipped the wings for easier storage in its cramped hangar decks and for better stall behaviour.
• Accurately modelled F4U-1 Corsair, designed using real-world aircraft plans
• Additional clipped wing F4U-1B Royal Navy external model included
• Six authentic paint schemes:
- No. 15 ‘Daphne C’, flown by Capt. James N. Cupp of VMF-213, Munda, September 1943
- 17-F-13 in the tri-colour scheme as it appeared aboard the USS Bunker Hill with the US Navy VF-17 units in 1943
- No. 576 ‘Marine’s Dream’, flown by Major Gordon of the ‘Flying Aces’ VMF-222, December 1943
- No. 18 ‘Bubbles’ of VMF-124, flown by Lt. Bill Crowe
- 5A British Royal Navy F4U-1B with clipped wings
- RNZAF NZ5201, recently restored and resident in New Zealand
• Numerous animations including canopy, cowl flap mechanisms, oil cooler and intercooler doors, wing folding mechanics, tail hook, animated bomb and drop tank release
• High definition textures are used to produce the highest possible texture clarity, and bump and specular mapping are used throughout the aircraft to produce a truly 3D feel
• Beautifully detailed Pratt & Whitney R-2800 Double Wasp radial engine
• Realistic radial stereo sound set
• Authentic animated virtual cockpit
• Accurate flight dynamics
• Detailed and animated cockpit in exterior model
• Cockpit sounds such as switches, knobs and levers
• In-game options - special configuration panel allows for seat height adjustment and view angles in the VC and the removal of the pilot when on the ground
• PDF manual including flight guide
• PSD paint kit
Visit the Corsair Collection Product Page for further information.