Railsimulator.com Ltd. released the Marias Pass expansion pack, the latest add-on for Train Simulator 2013. Marias Pass features 152 miles of stunning Montana landscape from Shelby to Whitefish, plus the 13 mile branch line to Kalispell.
Railfans from all over the world come to Glacier National Park to see trains negotiate the Continental Divide at 5,200 feet, and now Train Simulator 2013 players can replicate the event from their home. First charted by Great Northern Railway principal engineer John Frank Stevens in 1889 with the help of a Blackfoot Indian guide, the route begins at Shelby and winds through flat farmland and open plains before heading into the mountain range through narrow canyons and vast pine forests alongside the Flathead River. Passing through Cut Bank and Browning, the route reaches the summit just after Marias, before descending through Essex and Columbia Falls to Whitefish. Players will experience many of the popular landmarks along the way, including spectacular bridges, the "Dalek*" silo and the Cut Bank penguin.
Eight scenarios test players against the unique challenges of moving heavy freight through the varied terrain and treacherous weather, and the route includes GE ES44 DC locomotive in BNSF heritage livery and a Burlington National EMD SW1500 switcher, as well as other rolling stock in BNSF and BN liveries. Key features of the Marias Pass set include:
- Full 152 mile Marias Pass route from Shelby to Whitefish
- 13 mile branch line to Kalispell
- Spectacularly recreated mountainous scenery, bridges, pine forests, snow sheds and famous landmarks including silo 'Dalek*' and Cut Bank Penguin
- Multi-aspect and junction color light signalling
- GE ES44DC in BNSF livery and EMD SW1500 Switcher in BN livery
- New 50ft box car and lumbar car in BNSF livery
- Several reworked freight cars in BNSF and BN liveries
- Scenarios for the route
- Full Quick Drive compatibility
- Download size: 1,500mb
Marias Pass is available now for download on Steam. For more information, please visit www.railsimulator.com