• PA-28R Arrow III From Just Flight


    Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

    Developed by Just Flight's in-house development team following comprehensive hands-on research with a real-life Arrow III, G-BGKU, based at Conington Airfield.

    This highly accurate and immaculately detailed Arrow III package comes in eleven paint schemes with 4096 x 4096 textures and with a truly 3D virtual cockpit featuring fully functional custom-coded avionics, fuel and electrical systems.

    Other features include a comprehensive and fully functional IFR-capable avionics fit, failures for realistic flight operations, an authentic sound set developed by Turbine Sound Studios, interactive checklists, flight computer panel and much more. The PA-28R Arrow III is a four seater, piston-engine aircraft equipped with a retractable tricycle landing gear and constant-speed propeller – an ideal aircraft for touring and instrument training.

    The aircraft is flown all around the world and this add-on reflects that global popularity. In addition to our UK research aircraft, G-BGKU, the package features eleven liveries from the USA, Canada, UK, France, Switzerland, Australia and Germany.

    Visit the PA-28R Arrow III Product Page for further details.

    Edited by Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

    0




    User Feedback


    So I bought it.  Can't recommend it.  The sounds come and go and the flight model is not very inspiring.  I will stay with  A2A.

    Kdub

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Thanks for reporting, I will consider buying it only after reading more reports from new users.

    Ed

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    15 hours ago, kaydub said:

    So I bought it.  Can't recommend it.  The sounds come and go and the flight model is not very inspiring.  I will stay with  A2A.

    Kdub

    I'm not sure what you mean by "come and go" or "inspiring", but the feedback on the sounds is being sent over to Turbine Sound Studios who created the sound set, and an improved FDE will be available shortly along with some other changes and new features based on feedback since release. Flight1 GNS integration will also be added this week.

    Ed - I'd suggest reading/following this thread for more information on both topics and for plenty of positive feedback on the aircraft - 

    Thanks
    Martyn - Just Flight

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    The plane is just released. Give the developers some time to improve. The aircraft is beautifully modelled inside and out. The dev's are reading the above mentioned thread and listening to comments and remarks. So if you have already bought it don't dismiss it but help inprove it. 

    The TB10 and TB20 also matured over time into a great set of AC's. And believe me I'm rather critical about the JustFlight stuff. But their in house productions are setting some great standards.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I should have said that the sound fades away at times on my setup.  

    As for the flight model, it doesn't give me the feeling of really flying in the air.  I will try it again.

     

    Kdub

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 2/27/2017 at 11:58 AM, Nortmar said:

    I'm not sure what you mean by "come and go" or "inspiring", but the feedback on the sounds is being sent over to Turbine Sound Studios who created the sound set, and an improved FDE will be available shortly along with some other changes and new features based on feedback since release. Flight1 GNS integration will also be added this week.

    Ed - I'd suggest reading/following this thread for more information on both topics and for plenty of positive feedback on the aircraft - 

    Thanks
    Martyn - Just Flight

    Any news about the date the first service pack is going to be released?. Seems that most of the (I would say minor) issues will be fixed by this SP1. Very nice aircraft!.

    Cheers, Ed

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    15 hours ago, Nortmar said:

    Should be sometime this week.

    Wonderful!. Could you please post here?.

    Thanks in advance, Ed

     

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 2/27/2017 at 7:15 PM, kaydub said:

    I should have said that the sound fades away at times on my setup.  

    As for the flight model, it doesn't give me the feeling of really flying in the air.  I will try it again.

    While there are a few issues with the initial release, the developers are working hard to correct them and have been super responsive.  As a former owner/pilot of a Turbo Arrow IV, I can tell you that I am enjoying the heck out of flying this around, despite a glitch here or there which I expect to see fixed shortly.  While the straight-tailed, normally aspirated III and a T-Tailed, Turbo-ed IV are somewhat different, they are close enough for me to comment and say that this is a very true-to-life implementation.

    1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Service pack 1 is now available: https://www.justflight.com/support/pa28-arrow-iii/30fa7cc

    Please make sure to read the notes on the support page, particularly if you are using the Flight1 GTN or GNS

    Quote
    • Flight1 GNS integration added
    • Interactive engine start checklist added
    • FSUIPC auto-saves trigger panel state save - fixed
    • Option to disable 2D panel selector arrow added to PA-28 menu
    • “GPS changed. Updating HSI source…” message keeps appearing – fixed
    • Battery voltage low/oil quantity low message will now appear onscreen to warn of potential failures
    • Changes to engine start logic
    • Changes to fuel selector logic
    • Flaps not moving with electrical power off – fixed
    • Battery discharge and oil usage now occur only when engine management is enabled
    • Door now only closes fully when both latches are closed
    • Slight delay in electrical power availability after battery/alternator switched on, for added realism

     

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    So I just downloaded it today and here are the few issues in which I have noticed:

    * It takes quite a bit of left rudder(opposite of the real thing) to keep it on the centerline during takeoffs and landings. Typically, after rotation you have to apply right rudder because of p-factor, but I haven't noticed much of a yaw effect after take-off.

    *It's unstable during turns.  It really wants to roll to the right side. The yoke seems to go back to neutral quite easily. 

    *It doesn't seem as "firm" as the real thing while flying.  I spent most of my time training in a Tomahawk, then went up to a Warrior II, and finally got my complex rating in an Arrow II.  Each time the plane got bigger, the controls seemed to become more effective.

    *The annunciator panel doesn't seem to glow very brightly, nor does it stay on for very long.

    *I can't seem to get the electric trim to work.

    *In the real thing there is a noticeable change in engine sounds during magneto checks and it's hardly noticeable here.

    I do really like the rest of the engine sounds.  I also think they've "nailed it" as far as final approach and touchdown.  The Arrow seems to have that thud effect upon touchdown.  You won't get much of a floating with it unlike the Warrior, Archer, or Tomahawk. I have a friend of mine that owns a Dakota and it also floats on flare, but not the Arrow. 

    Despite the worn out yoke, I also really, really like the look of the interior of the plane as well as it's exterior. The VC really puts me back into the cockpit. 

     I don't think it's "real word" just yet, but I'm sure with some extra tweaking it certainly can be.

    Gary

     

    Edited by iflygary
    changed flair to flare
    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    That is my impression as well, a little rough around the edges, but overall nicely done, especially when considering how difficult high end addons like these are to make for the developers.  With some updating and tweaking here and there., it could turn out to be a very nice addon.

    I wouldn't mind seeing either an Arrow III TC or perhaps a Dakota expansion pack.  IMHO the Dakota was Piper's finest of the Cherokee Single offshoot line...certainly the best of the 4 seaters.  Great load hauling, reasonable cruise speed, powered by the reliable Lyc O-540.

    1

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 2/28/2017 at 6:47 PM, edpatino said:

    Any news about the date the first service pack is going to be released?. Seems that most of the (I would say minor) issues will be fixed by this SP1. Very nice aircraft!.

    Cheers, Ed

    Just downloaded and flew it.  A significant improvement!  I am really encouraged!  Using Active Sky was real fun being bounced around like a cork!  Just Flight is on the right path and I am going to investigate further!  This is what I was hoping to experience.

     

    Kdub

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Gary - if you can send me a message with your contact details then our FDE developer can get in touch regarding your feedback, and try to resolve the issues that you are having. 

    pilottj - We should have more news on a Turbo variant shortly. 

    All of the confirmed issues that have been reported so far have been resolved, apart from the sounds which TSS are looking into. Please make sure to report any issues you are encountering so we can resolve them ASAP.

    Thanks
    Martyn - JF

     

     

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Well done Just Flight, please keep these period aircraft coming, loving them.

    thanks Reg.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 3/3/2017 at 8:52 PM, iflygary said:

    I do really like the rest of the engine sounds.  I also think they've "nailed it" as far as final approach and touchdown.  The Arrow seems to have that thud effect upon touchdown.  You won't get much of a floating with it unlike the Warrior, Archer, or Tomahawk. I have a friend of mine that owns a Dakota and it also floats on flare, but not the Arrow. 

    Honest question.  I never flew the Arrow at our club but I flew the Warriors and Archers so my only Piper experience is that.  Was the Arrow you flew the newer wing design or the older butter bar?  (The Arrow at our club was a butter bar.)  The reason I ask is that the wing on this one is like the wing on the airplanes I flew and, with the gear down and prop forrward, I was thinking it would fly like a Warrior.  It may have been a bad assumption on my part.  I wouldn't be surprised if the older wing didn't float.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

    Honest question.  I never flew the Arrow at our club but I flew the Warriors and Archers so my only Piper experience is that.  Was the Arrow you flew the newer wing design or the older butter bar?  (The Arrow at our club was a butter bar.)  The reason I ask is that the wing on this one is like the wing on the airplanes I flew and, with the gear down and prop forrward, I was thinking it would fly like a Warrior.  It may have been a bad assumption on my part.  I wouldn't be surprised if the older wing didn't float.

    Greg it was the older wing design. Hershey bar type.  It just didn't float at all.  This was a little surprise for me because many times the Warrior and Archer I flew really seemed to float when in ground effect.  I made the assumption that the same would happen with the Arrow II and man did I drop it in.  I thought my instructor was going to yell at me but he laughed cause he knew I would make that assumption that it would float. The airplane was really stable in flight though.  Unfortunately, not what's being experienced with this model.  It's a nice looking airplane but I just can't attest to the flight dynamics being good at all.  At least the guys are working to get it right though, so that within itself is a positive.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    1 minute ago, iflygary said:

    Hershey bar type. 

    Ah...LOL...that makes sense.  Yeah, I think what they're trying to do is to make stability adjustments due to the fact that FSX/P3D tends to overdo stability.  They've certainly proven that it's possible to do that...but need to adjust it down some.  I think they'll get it right.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 05/03/2017 at 3:25 PM, iflygary said:

     The airplane was really stable in flight though.  Unfortunately, not what's being experienced with this model.  It's a nice looking airplane but I just can't attest to the flight dynamics being good at all.  At least the guys are working to get it right though, so that within itself is a positive.

    Hi Gary,

     

    Martyn has passed on your details and I'll drop you an email later regarding the fde, but on the stability front I'd like to make a couple of general comments. Firstly, the aircraft was developed using real world levels for coefficients and damping, these do not always work well with stock FS weather which is way overdone! Generally, much better effects are achieved with add-on weather programs and decreasing the effect of both wind and turbulence. However, with the Arrow I have tested it in the stock weather and it seems to respond well.

    Secondly, below are two of the videos I used to gauge the amount of stability / control response needed in weather conditions:

     

    Particularly the first video, which gives us the weather conditions (13kt wind initially, going down to 12kt and 'gusty'). If you set those conditions in the sim, choosing either heavy or severe gusts, the aircraft behaves as you see there. It gets bounced about a bit. I think one of the problems in this part of the fde development is that there is no allowance for the gentle bits in real life that you normally ride out and naturally correct for without necessarily focussing on it. In the sim you'd notice because the controllers generally take a firm movement to break out from their centred position so you notice every time you make even the slightest correction.

     

    Anyway, I'll drop you a line later on and we can go into some detail without clogging the forum!

    Cheers,

    Paul.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I think you are doing quite well, here.  When I initially downloaded the original model, I thought the FDE was too sedate or as I phrased it, uninspired.  The next opportunity that I had to fly it was with the service pack.  I am really quite happy with the FDE and I think it works very well with Active Sky 2016.  I may have unfairly judged the FDE at first because I was using the stock weather.  I just took another flight and I am really encouraged with the package.

     

    Kdub

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I have an alternative yoke that's not so worn.  If anyone is interested PM me and I'll send you the files for it.

    Gary

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    On 07/03/2017 at 5:14 AM, Delta558 said:

    I think one of the problems in this part of the fde development is that there is no allowance for the gentle bits in real life that you normally ride out and naturally correct for without necessarily focussing on it. In the sim you'd notice because the controllers generally take a firm movement to break out from their centred position so you notice every time you make even the slightest correction.

    Would be interesting to experiment with say the payware version of FSUICP
    where you can increase the JS centre sensitivity and see if control might be more realistic.

    gb.

    0

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.


    Sign In Now