Do you own an iPad or iPhone? Are you a serious simmer? If so, take note that a brand new mobile app, Pilot Assist Pro, has been launched.
Pilot Assist Pro was originally designed for real-world General Aviation pilots. But Bryan York, who is also the FS2Crew developer and the man behind Pilot Assist Pro, thought that the flight simmers should not be excluded.
Says Bryan, “There is a tremendous overlay between simulated aviation and real-world aviation. After all, a checklist is still a checklist, a METAR is still a METAR, and a scratchpad is still a scratchpad. It doesn’t matter if you’re copying down an ATIS in the real-world or copying down an ATIS on VATSIM, a scratchpad is just a useful in either case.”
Bryan continues that Pilot Assist Pro is a good choice for budget conscious simmers seeing maximum bang for their buck. “Most aviation apps these days are going toward a subscription model, which can really add up over time and become quite expensive. But our app does not require a subscription. It’s good for life”.
- Create and share checklists on-line or privately via email
- Checklists can include personal notes and images (useful for training aid purposes)
- Checklists have big buttons, for ease of use
- METARs/TAFs featuring “SkyView” technology
- Document Viewer (Charts, Aircraft Manuals, and more)
Of interest especially to flight simmers, users have already created checklists for Pilot Assist Pro, which are available via its online checklist mode, that support:
- PMDG 737NG
- PMDG 777
- PMDG 747
- Aerosoft and FSLabs Airbus
- Quality Wings 787
- Majestic Dash 8 Q400
- Leonardo Maddog
- Captain Sim 757
- And a whole slew of General Aviation aircraft from Cessna 150’s to King Air’s to Twin Otters
Of course, if you don’t like any of these checklists, or if your plane isn’t supported, you can always create your own checklist. You can even share it with the world.
There are no limits to what you can do with Pilot Assist Pro.
Discover more about Pilot Assist Pro at: www.pilotassistpro.com.