Digital Aviation released Version 2.0 of Radio Navigation Simulator - Instrument Navigation Trainer for Pilots, for iPhone, iPad or iPod touch devices. This update adds a fully featured HSI, an RMI (dual needle), support for iPhone 5 with a 40% increased chart area, and optimised for iPad mini.
The perfect mobile tool for instructors to demonstrate radio navigation techniques, and for students to consolidate and self test. Experienced pilots will also find the simulator valuable to prepare for an instrument rating or proficiency test.
Radio Navigation Simulator is a precision 2D flight simulator and training aid, designed for iPad, iPhone & iPod touch, that enables pilots and students to practice, understand and become proficient in the use and management of VOR, DME and ADF/RMI instruments, displayed with an HSI or Directional Gyro on a choice of five realistic flight panels.
● Full support for retina displays.
● Simulator operates within a synthetic flight environment of approx 300 x 200 nm, populated with VOR, VOR-DME and NDB navaids.
● Scaleable chart with Facilities, Idents, and Aircraft symbols.
● Full chart management with VOR Radials and Planned Routes.
● Aircraft track trail can be displayed, or suppressed.
● Flight panel and navigation chart simultaneously displayed.
● Realistic flight panel with the following instruments:
● HSI, VOR, DME, ADF (RMI or RBI), RMI (dual needle) and Directional Gyro .
● Fully manageable Radios for ADF, NAV1 and NAV2 (with DME).
● Airspeed range 60 to 600 knots.
● Altitude management and display.
● Flight profile in Real or Compressed time.
● Wind velocity, 0 to 99 kts, from any direction, steady or variable.
● Dead reckoning navigation capability, with flight environment mapped in Latitude and Longitude.
● All instruments and chart controlled with an intuitive multi gesture interface.
● Touch button flying controls.
● Popup Toolbars & Annunciators to manage flight panel facilities.
● Popup Toolbars and Icons to manage chart facilities.
● Detailed Getting Started help and full User Manual, contained within the app.
● All exercises and chart are seperately downloadable as PDF, for printing or reference.
What's New in this Version
● Support for iPhone 5, with a 40% increased Chart area.
● HSI - Horizontal Situation Indicator.
● RMI - Dual Needle.
● Five flight panel Instrument configuration options.
● Panel layouts optimised for iPhone, iPad & iPad mini.
● Mini flight panels now have more realistic instruments
● Instrument case outer edge 45° markers for Directional Gyro, HSI , ADF, RMI.
● Improved multi page menu system.
● Support for iOS 6.
● Minor bug fixes.