SimControl enhances the flight simulator experience unlike any other app on the market. SimControl grants users the ability to reposition aircraft instantly, change the wind and weather, fail engine components or instruments for realistic training in your simulator, and much more without ever needing to get out of the captain’s chair or interrupt the simulation. This helps make the experience fun again by alleviating many of the common complaints, distractions, and tasks that require navigating through multiple computer screens.
No longer will sim users need to suspend their active flight screen to move to a new airport, change the weather, engage failures, or other functions even including changing the aircraft or paint scheme. All of these action can be accomplished on an iPad or iPad mini as you continue your flight
“This app is a game-changer for simmers. Once you use SimControl, you’ll wonder how you ever flew without it,” says Calvin Fraites, Chief Technical Officer for Azure Computing. SimControl has been recently updated to include support for the latest Prepar3D version 4, and X-Plane 10.
X-Plane version 11 is compatibility is under development.
SimControl also makes training scenarios easier than ever to achieve. With the use of instant aircraft repositioning you could, for instance, set yourself up for an approach 5, 10 or 15 nautical miles from the runway as many times as you need to retry it or practice engine out procedures with the press of a button.
Key Features Include:
• Instant repositioning of aircraft with searchable airport database
• Change aircraft and paint schemes instantly
• Set custom weather settings with multiple layers
• Option to use current real METAR weather settings for your local area
• Real IFR chart (NOS) overlay on map screen with flight path tracing
• Quick and easy connection to the simulator over WiFi
• Fuel top off and battery recharge at the click of a button
• Dedicated failures page for instruments, systems, and engine malfunction
• Currently supports FSX, Prepar3D 2.x, 3.x, 4.x & X-Plane 10 (X-Plane 11 coming soon)
The app controls your flight simulator from the iPad with use of a free downloadable server for your simulator computer. This allows the two devices to communicate wirelessly and allows you to monitor the connection as well.
SimControl is available on the Apple App Store for .99 for iPad.
Please visit the SimControlroduct Page for more information, including screenshots and FAQs.