The Fighter Collection and Eagle Dynamics have released the DCS P-51D Mustang as a digital download. The Mustang was among the best and most well-known fighters of World War II. Possessing excellent range and maneuverability, the P-51 operated primarily as a long-range escort fighter and ground attack fighter-bomber with bombs, rockets, and machine guns. The Mustang served in nearly every combat zone during WWII and proved to be what many consider the most successful fighter in history.
Key Features of the DCS: P-51D Mustang:
Highly detailed six-degrees-of-freedom cockpit.
· Interact with cockpit controls with your mouse.
· Unmatched flight physics and that allow you to truly feel what it's like to fly this legend.
· Accurate P-51D Mustang model, squadron markings, and weapons.
· Developed and tested by current Mustang pilots.
· Detailed modelling the P-51D Mustang instruments, weapons, engine, radios, fuel, electrical, and hydraulic systems.
· Take part in a Challenge Campaign to test your flying and combat skills.
· AI and player flyable 2nd World War German aircraft will become available in the future.
The DCS: P-51D Mustang offers both highly-detailed simulation and easy-to-play "game" mode options for both hardcore and casual gamers. When in simulation mode, this is the most authentic simulation of the P-51D Mustang that has ever been created for the PC. Enjoy both the thrill of flying this legendary warbird and operating its various weapons against a variety of ground and airborne targets.
An interactive training system puts you in the cockpit with an instructor that gives you step-by-step training instruction to fly the Mustang. A powerful yet easy-to-use mission editor allows you to create your own missions and campaigns. A one-click Mission Generator also allows you to instantly create battles as small or large as you wish. Fly online with built-in server browser that supports up to 32 players in both head-to-head and cooperative gameplay. Fly online with other DCS aircraft like the Black Shark and the A-10C Warthog.
About The Fighter Collection
The Fighter Collection, as well as developing software for the entertainment and serious game markets, also operates, rebuilds and maintains Europe's largest collection of airworthy WWII fighters and is based at Duxford Airfield, in the UK. For more information visit the Fighter Collection Homepage.