• Ultimate Airliners DC-9 and Super 80 MegaPack Released


    Chuck_Jodry-VJPL

    The Super 80 Classic, Super 80 Professional and DC-9 Classic for P3Dv4 are now available for download. Get all three aircraft in one big MegaPack!

     

    Coolsky, together with Flight One Software, is proud to announce the availability of the Super 80 Classic, the Super 80 Professional and the DC-9 Classic on the Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v4 platform. This has been a highly requested move . The first of the three aircraft offered in the package, The DC-9, was built by the Douglas Aircraft Company. It is a twin-engine, single-aisle, short to medium range jet airliner. The DC-9-30 is capable of carrying just over 100 passengers. It cruises at around 570 mph/910 km/h and has a range of about 1600 nautical miles (3000km). The DC-9 family of aircraft is one of the most successful series of airliners ever built with a total production of over 2,400 aircraft. 

     

    The other two aircraft represent the Super 80 in classic and modern configurations. The classic Super 80 brings you back to an era of flying where glass was just starting to appear. This rendition is based on the original Super 80, circa 1979. So with the combination of classic analog and early electronic navigation, you have a product that requires a lot of attention, but also rewards proper cockpit management. The Super 80 Professional simulates the latest cockpit upgrade given to the MD-80 series. It includes a full Electronic Flight Deck (EFD) that includes a full EFIS with FMS, TCAS, Systems Display Panel, Engine Display Panel, and many more advanced systems. The Super 80 Pro gives you the high-tech avionics required to fly the precision procedures executed by today's professional pilots.

     

    The DC9's and Super 80's systems have been painstakingly replicated in this series. All three aircraft include an Integrated Cockpit Training System will help guide you through many of the steps required in order to have a successful and accurate flight.

     

    Interactive schematic drawings of all major systems, a 140+ individual failure and situation system that allows you to practice how to respond to different types of emergency and abnormal situations and scenarios, automatic aircraft configuration for all phases of flight, and a dispatch / flight center that can select the number of passengers and amount of cargo you will be transporting, as well as the fuel load needed for the planned flight, plus so much more are included in the Megapack!

     

    A discount is available for owners of the FSX versions of these aircraft.

     

    You can find further details at the    product page



      Report Article


    User Feedback


    As of now, lots of problems with this product. Surely they will fix this, but in the meantime hold on.

    Pierre

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I fully agree. I've bought it but decided to uninstall it completely until a complete solution is found. Better is to hold on.

    Cheers, Ed

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    It seems that it's an issue with some gauges that don't load properly in all three aircraft.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Yes, currently the gauges for all 3 planes are not loading in P3D v4.3...Espen is aware of these problems....

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    Does anybody know if these planes would work with P3Dv4.3 Academic or Pro and Windows 10?.

    It seems that users with Windows 7 are still unable to fly these aircraft. Surprisingly during the beta test period they did not notice this big and annoying issue.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    9 hours ago, edpatino said:

    Does anybody know if these planes would work with P3Dv4.3 Academic or Pro and Windows 10?.

    It seems that users with Windows 7 are still unable to fly these aircraft. Surprisingly during the beta test period they did not notice this big and annoying issue.

    Did they have any Beta testers ?

    Apparently they swore for years that they would not release 64 bit versions of these addons. And, it is apparent that they have made no effort to improve them in any way, to take advantage of the improved capabilities of P3D v4.

    No improved textures, lighting or anything else.

    Smacks of laziness and disinterest.

    Give it a wide berth. This issue with gauges not loading... on Day One.....(!) does not really bode well for the rest of it.

    Shame really, as they were pretty good back in the day. Unfortunately, it looks like that's where they still belong.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    2 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

    Shame really, as they were pretty good back in the day. Unfortunately, it looks like that's where they still belong.

    I think it's unnecessary to just run them down. This is not a review of the product.

    I'm sure that they will fix any release problems with the aircraft and it will be just fine.

    Like many, I appreciate that they have converted their product for P3Dv4.  It's always been a great sim and I have been looking forward to having it in P3Dv4.

    The price is a very good deal for a product that I have always enjoyed.

     

    Bob

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, signmanbob said:

    I think it's unnecessary to just run them down. This is not a review of the product.

    I'm sure that they will fix any release problems with the aircraft and it will be just fine.

    Like many, I appreciate that they have converted their product for P3Dv4.  It's always been a great sim and I have been looking forward to having it in P3Dv4.

    The price is a very good deal for a product that I have always enjoyed.

     

    Bob

    While it's not a 'review'; it is a news release; to that point, it's entirely appropriate to offer information pertaining to said release.  As a perspective buyer, i appreciate my fellow simmer offering their insights, as they relate to new releases.  I also disagree with your assertion that this 'a very good deal.'  These aircraft were developed a decade ago, for another simulator.  The fact they haven't improved ANY of the visual qualities or bugs from the previous rendition is disappointing.  Conversely, consider Leonardo's Maddox; they updated ALL the graphics, fixed some lingering issues and included new features.  Aerosoft completely updated their 'buses', even know they were only 5 years old.  Previvous owners can secure them for less than $30 USD. I consider those good deals!  Yes, I know coolskys is offering 2 products for the price of 1, but that's nothing more than a gimmick. There's a reason they're not offering this bundle as separate purchases.  Paying $30 for a recompiled aircraft fabricated 10 years ago is hardly a good deal; it reeks of an opportunity to secure passive income.  To be fair, CoolSkys does explicitly state the graphics and/or code were not updated...I appreciate their honesty, but will pass on this product as superior, more cost effective alternatives exist.   

    Edited by kingm56
    Grammar

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    You're not offering any new or useful information related to this product, in the announcement area. Just a negative personal opinion.

    You're telling me that $29.95 for three proven and well-established and liked aircraft simulations is not a good deal? You must be looking for "Free Download!" to make you happy with the news.

    It is no different than the new P3Dv4 offering of FeelThere's EJets, and that are also very welcomed.

    Leonardo completely rebuilt the Maddog from scratch, and I love it.  But I paid a LOT more for it too.

    If you don't like what Coolsky offers, that's fine, but please be aware that there are many who welcome these releases and enjoy having them in P3Dv4.

    The fact that it's a bundled "Mega" pack of all their aircraft makes it sweet.

    If you don't like the offer, you are welcome not to purchase it.

    Giving your extended personal negative opinion is not really necessary. Everyone knows what these are. Most anyone who was waiting this long for Coolsky's release of their product has already experienced it from FSX and  warmly welcomes having it again in 64bit.

    Your poh-pohs won't influence our already established opinions about this product.

    ...and I paid over $80 for Aerosoft's new buses and $75 for Leonardo's 64bit Maddog. Not hardly comparable to $29.95 for Coolsky's three simulations at a smudge less than $10 each.

    Thank you,

    Bob

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    I get it, Bob; you like the product, so everyone else should too. 

     

    Your posts are laced with arrogance and anecdotal suppositions; concerning the former, you appear to oppose notions that differ from your own. Worse, you seem compelled to define what constitutes an 'appropriate' post.  In your world, is there room for dissenting views? Isn't this message board an aperture to share PERSONAL OPINIONS, as they relate to flight sims?  Should comments be relegated to positive assertions; I'm sure developers would love that ethos...

     

    BTW, I find it amusing that you purposely misrepresent data to support your opinion; ironically, it proves my point that these aircraft fail to represent a fair value.

     

    Since you quoted previous owners' prices, I think it's fair to do the same. Thus, Aerosofts new Airbuses are $30.00, vice the $80 you highlighted.  This amounts to $15 per plane; a figure on par with CoolSkys discount.  The difference?  The former package is completely reworked and optimize to utilize P3D capabilities.  Why shouldn't simmers expect the same from CoolSky?  Why should I be happy to pay similar prices for a product coded in 2008?  If you desperately want a DC-9, I get it, there are no other options.  Yet, why doesn't CoolSky offer these aircraft as separate purchases?  The answer is quite simple; it's the very reason I believe this nothing more than an attempt to secure passive income.  So, while you're ok with paying for a product developed 11-years ago, I expect and demand more.  To be clear, I have no issues with them offering this product...truly, I don't; nor do I suggest there's no market.  Nevertheless, I think its equally fair to offer a counter-balance to your 'sunshine-pumping' posts. 

     

    Besides, if I still wanted to fly the DC-9, I'd fire up FSX and  use my current copy; after all, there are NO improvements and no compelling reasons to rebuy it.  Again, these aircraft were AWESOME in 2008/09; I wouldn't suggest otherwise.  However, with the advancements in flight simulation over the last 10 years, the immersion factor you once felt flying the DC-9 maybe diluted. 

     

    Regardless, I'll continue to read your opinions, but would appreciate the attempt to avoid telling others what represents an appropriate post...

    Edited by kingm56

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites

    To complicate matters, after installing the new DC-9 gauge that Coolsky released today for testing, finally got the splash screen and the aircraft menu working as it should... but, when selecting the first checklist, inmediately got a CTD.

    My initial thought is that this product will need a complete checkup and verification by Coolsky before it's final. Regretfully, I've already paid for it, but given F1 refund's policy, it's always a possibility.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    15 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

    Did they have any Beta testers ?

    Apparently they swore for years that they would not release 64 bit versions of these addons. And, it is apparent that they have made no effort to improve them in any way, to take advantage of the improved capabilities of P3D v4.

    No improved textures, lighting or anything else.

    Smacks of laziness and disinterest.

    Give it a wide berth. This issue with gauges not loading... on Day One.....(!) does not really bode well for the rest of it.

    Shame really, as they were pretty good back in the day. Unfortunately, it looks like that's where they still belong.

     

    4 hours ago, kingm56 said:

    While it's not a 'review'; it is a news release; to that point, it's entirely appropriate to offer information pertaining to said release.  As a perspective buyer, i appreciate my fellow simmer offering their insights, as they relate to new releases.  I also disagree with your assertion that this 'a very good deal.'  These aircraft were developed a decade ago, for another simulator.  The fact they haven't improved ANY of the visual qualities or bugs from the previous rendition is disappointing.  Conversely, consider Leonardo's Maddox; they updated ALL the graphics, fixed some lingering issues and included new features.  Aerosoft completely updated their 'buses', even know they were only 5 years old.  Previvous owners can secure them for less than $30 USD. I consider those good deals!  Yes, I know coolskys is offering 2 products for the price of 1, but that's nothing more than a gimmick. There's a reason they're not offering this bundle as separate purchases.  Paying $30 for a recompiled aircraft fabricated 10 years ago is hardly a good deal; it reeks of an opportunity to secure passive income.  To be fair, CoolSkys does explicitly state the graphics and/or code were not updated...I appreciate their honesty, but will pass on this product as superior, more cost effective alternatives exist.   

    Do you both know why Coolsky released these aircraft for P3D? Yes they originally had no intentions to release for P3D but customers kept asking and asking and asking year after year. So they finally said okay, we will. That is no reason to bring them down about it, and I've seen this brought up elsewhere too. We should thank them for it, appreciate that they changed their minds.

    Secondly, do you two know why Coolsky didn't improve textures, lighting, visual qualities or anything else? It's not a "smacks of laziness and disinterest" Its because they COULDN'T! So before you say things like that maybe you should bite your tongue. Sure Leonardo and Aerosoft did plenty of updates to their products but they owned the rights to the entire product. Coolsky does not. McPhat Studios did the texture work inside and out as well as the 3D cockpit, and also the cargo model expansion. When McPhat closed down, they took the licensing with them. Therefor, there is no way to contact McPhat to have them update their work on the aircraft and bring it up to todays standards. There is no way to make the cargo expansion work with P3D without violating McPhat's rights. So all Coolsky could do was touch the original code to update it to 64bit and get it to work within P3D.

    And to add, I have all three aircraft working just fine. I'm using Windows 10.

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    3 hours ago, kingm56 said:

    I get it, Bob; you like the product, so everyone else should too. 

    I hardly think so my friend.  I, along with many, many, many others, do like the product, so you should have some consideration for that while you bash it and the developer.  

    If you actually purchased the product and are having problems with it, then contact their support.  I'm sure that the problem will be addressed and a solution will be worked on.

    If you purchase the product and want to return it, you have 30 wonderful days to get your precious $29.95 back from Flight 1...No Questions Asked!....Wow! That's Awesome!!  😍

    How much more could you ask for?  Three aircraft which have, as Froogle discribes "deep systems", for less than $10 each *AND* a full 30 day...no questions asked...money-back guarantee.  It's like "Flightsim Nirvana".

    See my friend, no need to call them nasty names like "Lazy" and say they should be "Ashamed" because they listened to their paying customers and upgraded their product for P3Dv4. No need to give the produce "Wide Berth" because it doesn't "Smack" of anything except a great 30 day guarantee that completely covers your "dinero" if you aren't simply di-lighted (a little play on words there) with the product.

    This subject is closed now.  I believe we have both made our point.

     

    2 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

     

    Do you both know why Coolsky released these aircraft for P3D? Yes they originally had no intentions to release for P3D but customers kept asking and asking and asking year after year. So they finally said okay, we will. That is no reason to bring them down about it, and I've seen this brought up elsewhere too. We should thank them for it, appreciate that they changed their minds.

    Secondly, do you two know why Coolsky didn't improve textures, lighting, visual qualities or anything else? It's not a "smacks of laziness and disinterest" Its because they COULDN'T! So before you say things like that maybe you should bite your tongue. Sure Leonardo and Aerosoft did plenty of updates to their products but they owned the rights to the entire product. Coolsky does not. McPhat Studios did the texture work inside and out as well as the 3D cockpit, and also the cargo model expansion. When McPhat closed down, they took the licensing with them. Therefor, there is no way to contact McPhat to have them update their work on the aircraft and bring it up to todays standards. There is no way to make the cargo expansion work with P3D without violating McPhat's rights. So all Coolsky could do was touch the original code to update it to 64bit and get it to work within P3D.

    And to add, I have all three aircraft working just fine. I'm using Windows 10.

    Thank you PW.  My point exactly. Only you put it so much better.

    What you say makes sense because I do remember that McPhat had a lot to do with these products.

    What ever happened to McPhat?  I remember they did that ATR for X-Plane 10...then nothing more.

     

     

    Bob

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    8 hours ago, PWJT8D said:

     

    Do you both know why Coolsky released these aircraft for P3D? Yes they originally had no intentions to release for P3D but customers kept asking and asking and asking year after year. So they finally said okay, we will. That is no reason to bring them down about it, and I've seen this brought up elsewhere too. We should thank them for it, appreciate that they changed their minds.

    Secondly, do you two know why Coolsky didn't improve textures, lighting, visual qualities or anything else? It's not a "smacks of laziness and disinterest" Its because they COULDN'T! So before you say things like that maybe you should bite your tongue. Sure Leonardo and Aerosoft did plenty of updates to their products but they owned the rights to the entire product. Coolsky does not. McPhat Studios did the texture work inside and out as well as the 3D cockpit, and also the cargo model expansion. When McPhat closed down, they took the licensing with them. Therefor, there is no way to contact McPhat to have them update their work on the aircraft and bring it up to todays standards. There is no way to make the cargo expansion work with P3D without violating McPhat's rights. So all Coolsky could do was touch the original code to update it to 64bit and get it to work within P3D.

    And to add, I have all three aircraft working just fine. I'm using Windows 10.

    McPhat don't own the rights to anything. They were paid - after the original release - to make liveries and do a VC repaint.

    This is icing on the proverbial cake... it also allowed McPhat to sell a bunch of additional "Premium" liveries direct from their own site... something they did with a number of addons for different developers.

    Coolsky could easily employ an artist to upgrade the paint job - inside and out - in order to bring this up to P3D 64 bit standards.

    If Ferrari couldn't improve their cars because some geezer had done a custom paint job 12 years earlier, would they stop producing them ?

     'Phooey' .... !

    "FROOGLE says the model fidelity is top notch...." ......Oh well, in that case..... ! He's so busy making himself a star and promoting Saitek, I'd be surprised if he flies these things for more than an hour ! And how the "fiddle" does he bloody know anyway ? He wasn't even born the last time an MD80 flew in the RW .... !

    And, anyway, the Leonardo version is in a different class. And, they updated their Maddog for 64 bit release, as opposed to porting over a 10 -year old model.

    Finally, whoever said "That's enough now".... no it isn't. Free speech. My opinion. Deal with it.

    Edited by Gabe777

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites
    5 hours ago, Gabe777 said:

    And, anyway, the Leonardo version is in a different class. And, they updated their Maddog for 64 bit release, as opposed to porting over a 10 -year old model.

    Couldn't agree more!. I really think the Coolsky product is only interesting to DC-9 lovers.

     

    Share this comment


    Link to comment
    Share on other sites


    Create an account or sign in to comment

    You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

    Create an account

    Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

    Register a new account

    Sign in

    Already have an account? Sign in here.

    Sign In Now