Systems Unlimited announces the availability of another major update to FSCaptain for FSX, Prepar3d, and FS2004 -- release 1.4. This new version continues to upgrade FSCaptain towards a total package that enhances Flight Simulators into Aviation Simulators. Included are a new and more modern FMC-style ACARS device (the FCDU), more robust support for virtual airlines, built-in support for the PMDG NGX, and a unique appeals system for reversing career penalties. Plus several dozen bug fixes and more minor enhancements and a new tutorial for FSCaptain pilots based on the new FCDU.
FSCaptain 1.4 is available in a fully functional trial version (limited only by the airports you can use as your departure point for flights.) Visit their website for more detailed information.
A few of the New Features in 1.4:
* A new ACARS gauge named the "FCDU" (as opposed to the traditional FCOM) can be installed and used anywhere the FCOM was used.
* The ability to enter all the details of a flight - no longer limited to the destination airport - so as to be able to schedule a flight meeting several external requirements, such as a VA flight or one from a printed schedule.
* A new "Appeals" process that will allow Captains to selectively remove penalties from flights in their logbook.
* A new updated tutorial using the new FCDU ACARS device is included in the Documentation folder.
* When the aircraft is positioned at an airport and there are other airports within a 5 mile radius, a new option on the FCOM/FCDU Pre-login page will allow the pilot to select at which airport they are starting. This will resolve most "wrong airport" conflicts.
* A new menu option and key combination will request that the last statement said by your FO or FA be repeated.
* The Interface support for the PMDG 737NGX has been moved into the FCOM/FCDU itself. It's no longer necessary to install a separate interface into the PMDG panel.cfg.
* A wider selection of default airlines is provided containing updated worldwide schedules for the FS9/X boxed airlines, plus a selection of major real airlines from around the world.
* More enhancements large and small. The README file available on the website details all of them.