Laminar Research, creators of the X-Plane flight simulator franchise, has announced the release of X-Plane 10 Mobile, the premiere flight simulation product for the iPad and iPhone.
X-Plane 10 Mobile was built using the same concepts in Laminar’s showcase desktop product, XPlane 10. As with the desktop version of X-Plane, the mobile version utilizes real physics to model the aerodynamic forces found in flying an actual aircraft. The result is a product that is not just another game, but rather a highly sophisticated simulation of how aircraft actually behave in a variety of environments and weather conditions.
Version 10 contains numerous features and enhancements not found in the previous mobile version of X-Plane, including:
• 2-person multiplayer over the Internet
• Many additional aircraft - - from a Piper Cub to the Airbus, and it even includes combat aircraft and a helicopter… all with 3D cockpits and available as in-app purchases
• Challenges - - over 20 scenarios including engine failures, mountain top landings, birdstrikes, and even airstrikes, where you dodge incoming anti-aircraft guns missiles
• Flight School tutorials - - including the basics of takeoffs & landings, flying traffic patterns, and how to bomb ground targets
• Brand new, modern user interface - - designed just for mobile devices
• Improved combat system- - - with better missile guidance, more accurate weapon simulation
and more realistic explosions
• Realistic airport environments - - including airport buildings X-Plane 10 Mobile is available as a free App on the Apple iTunes Store and includes a free Cessna 172 starter aircraft. Additional aircraft may be purchased using the in-App purchase feature. An Android version is also scheduled for future development.