Laminar Research, creator of the X-Plane flight simulator franchise, is proud to announce the release version of its flagship desktop simulation product, X-Plane 11.
X-Plane 11 continues the evolution of the desktop version of X-Plane. Over the years it has always been the policy of Laminar Research to continually improve X-Plane, providing the most realistic flight simulation available, with flight modeling so accurate that it has been adopted by numerous commercial aviation organizations.
X-Plane 11 continues this evolution with new aircraft, scenery, and 3-D airports. This new version also incorporates the newest technology available in computing and graphics processing, resulting in breathtaking visual and dynamic effects.
Some of the major features of X-Plane 11 include:
• A brand new intuitive user interface and control setup
• A completely overhauled aircraft fleet with detailed documentation, plus multiple new aircraft
• High-resolution exteriors and detailed 3-D cockpits for many aircraft
• New global auto-gen scenery with both European and North American details
• The latest road placement and global scenery from open street map are included
• Now with over 3000 airports with 3-D buildings & airport scenery
• Airports are now populated with dynamic, driving service vehicles and static and dynamic aircraft.
• New rendering engine for enhanced lighting and water effects
• Updated weather and atmospheric effects
• Enhanced performance from the modern 64-bit engine
X-Plane 11 is available as both a digital download and also in a DVD format. It is also available on the Steam platform.
About Laminar Research
Laminar Research is creator of the X-Plane franchise of flight simulators, including X-Plane 11, the latest desktop version. X-Plane 11 will be available in both a consumer and FAA certified professional version. Laminar also offers X-Plane versions for both the iPhone and iPad, as well as other mobile systems.
X-Plane’s flight model, scope, versatility, customizability, and 3rd party add-ons make it the ultimate flight simulation experience for Macintosh, Windows, Linux, iPhone, and Android platforms.
For more information on Laminar Research and X-Plane Visit the X-Plane 11 Homepage .