Scenery Solutions and Flight One Software are happy to announce the very first product in the new Xtreme Cities product line: Xtreme Cities X – USA SouthCentral is now available for FSX and P3D. Xtreme Cities – USA SouthCentral provides 16 large regional cities using technology not seen before in FSX.
Each included city provides:
• Nearly every building is present, even houses, with each object in their real world location. Houses follow actual real-world roads, not the “fake” roads in the Landclass textures.
• Proprietary, one-of- a-kind technology, allows custom scenery objects to be displayed with a performance level on par or better than FSX’s optimized autogen.
• Gorgeous night lights with ground lighting.
• Railyards with railroad cars.
• XTreme Cities is fully configurable, like our Ultimate Terrain series. Each feature can be turned on or off down to the product or city level. This allows for the maximum 3rd party compatibility possible.
• Proprietary TexturePhoto technology allows for picturesque terrain scenery for non-seasonal areas, with transparent areas for seasonal vegetation. This strategy provides full support for all seasons, which is not normally feasible with Photoscenery terrain due to large download and storage requirements.
• For Photoscenery users, Xtreme Cities greatly enhances the terrain by adding buildings, trees and lights in their real-world locations. A real plus for Photoscenery products, which are usually flat and barren.
• Works seamlessly with Ultimate Terrain and other similar products.
• Multiple versions are available to specifically target users with either the base FSX textures installed or upgraded terrain texture packs from the most popular 3rd party addons. At this point, in addition to the base FSX versions, we provide custom installers for users with "Ground Environment X" or "Orbx FTX Global Base" products. This allows Xtreme Cities regions to blend in best with the surrounding landclass textures.Optional configuration mode to benefit high-altitude flyers who desire the detailed cityscapes with as little VAS usage (virtual address space) or as little frame rate impact as possible.
Designed by the same team that brought to you the Ultimate Terrain series of products, the technology used in this new product line has been a full 2 years in the making. USA SouthCentral is the first product available based on this new technology. Other products will follow over the coming months covering the USA and Europe.
How complete are the city scenery areas? Our city of New Orleans contains 19,245 commercial/industrial building objects, 75,959 houses/residential buildings, 51,779 light objects and 35,658 trees. That is over 182,000 objects packed in a 115 km/sq area. Xtreme Cities will provide the most dense city coverage possible today. The list of cities included in our flagship product is as follows:
• Arlington, Tx
• Baton Rouge, La
• Austin, Tx
• Corpus Christi, Tx
• Dallas, Tx
• El Paso, Tx
• Fort Worth, Tx
• Galveston, Tx
• Garland, Tx
• Houston, xX
• Little Rock, Ak
• Oklahoma City, Ok
• New Orleans, La
• Plano, Tx
• San Antonio, Tx
• Tulsa, Ok
For more information, before and after screenshots, city coverage area, and to also download and purchase this great scenery package, point your browser to the Xtreme Cities X USA Homepage.