We received the following press release today from our friends over at DCS:
MOSCOW, Russia – October 1st, 2013 - Flight simulation developers Oleg Maddox, Ilya Shevchenko, and Igor Tishin, are happy to announce that they will be releasing the Eagle Dynamics Graphics Engine (EDGE) landscape editor SDK to the backers of their ongoing DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Kickstarter campaign.
Announcement video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCauXtM1Gjk&hd=1
The SDK can be used to create new landscapes for the DCS WWII project. It's an all-in-one tool that combines a 3D object library, texture manager, and a landscape editor. With a full 24-hour day cycle, options for multiple seasons and time periods on the same map, and industry-best level of detail, EDGE is designed for and tested by real pilots to ensure it meets the highest standards of realism.
The developers hope that the DCS WWII community can organize a concentrated effort to design and create one or more new landscapes for the upcoming flight simulation. The SDK should be available to project backers later this year.
The Kickstarter campaign for DCS WWII: Europe 1944 has successfully reached its base funding goal, and is now working to reach a stretch goal that adds the Messerschmitt Me.262 jet fighter to the simulation. The project is scheduled for a Fall 2014 release, with Alpha and closed Beta access to project backers.
DCS WWII: Europe 1944 Features:
- Detailed recreations of famous WWII aircraft, including the Republic P-47D-28 Thunderbolt; Supermarine Spitfire Mk IX; Messerschmitt Bf-109K-4; Focke-Wulf FW.190D-9; and the North-American P-51D Mustang.
- Meticulous modeling of individual aircraft systems.
- Combat theater map painstakingly recreated from period maps.
- Rich single-player experience recreating famous battles from both sides.
- Dynamic weather and seasons add a beautiful backdrop and additional challenges to each sortie.
For more information, please visit http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/508681281/dcs-wwii-europe-1944