I wonder if someone can offer solution to the following problem with my PMDG 747 X installation.
The aircraft works perfectly until about 30-40 minutes into the flight, and then something happens, causing the following anomaly (although the aircraft continues to fly, evident from the outside view):
- Instrument panels (PFD, ND, EICASs) Freeze
- The aircraft stops following the FMC planned LNAV, VNAV
- The instruments come alive if the display is changed from full to windowed mode or vice versa. However, FMC commanded VNAV, LNAV, or speed, heading interventions on the MCP do not work. The aircraft can only manually be flown.
Note that the default FS 747 works fine (no panel freezes). The panel freeze occurs in both windowed as well as full screen mode.
I have already taken following measures, without any luck:
- View changes (A, shift+A)
- Uninstalled every add-on, one by one. Testing after each uninstall.
- Uninstalled/re-installed PMDG 747X.
- Uninstalled hardwares (MCP, EFIS, CDU);
- Uninstalled FSX fully, formatted the drive it resided on. Checked the registry and deleted remnants of it or any add-ons
- And lastly, did a clean install of FSX+Acceleration and PMDG747X
It has not worked after all these steps. I have no idea what caused this problem to pop up; the aircraft had been working fine for more than two years.
The only other thing left is a clean re-installation of Windows 7. But before I did that, I wanted to check with experts .
Look forward to your suggestions.
PS: all products I have installed are licensed :smile: