Sign in to follow this  
whiggy

Problem with Overwing-Doors Lights

Hello @ all!

I have the foollow problem:

everytime during taxi, shortly before I takeoff, the lights for overwingdoors L/R goes on. But the doors a closed.

After takeoff the lights goes automatically off.

So what's wrong ?

Quirk of the real plane, the locks don't always engage quick enough and will trip the DOOR light. Typically it goes out after a second or two.

Steve Caffey

Hmm but I never openend these doors. The lights occurs only during taxi not else.

you dont need to, its in the intoduction manual page 27 but you knew this already since you have read the introduction manual :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

It is due to the ground vibrations, it is quite common on all the 737s.Don't worry about it.

Gents-

This behavior has nothing to do with ground vibrations....

The air/ground logic on the aircraft engages locks to prevent the overwing hatches from being opened during flight. These locks are controlled by the air/ground logic and they begin rotating to the locked position when the throttles advanced beyond a microswitch located in the pedestal.

If the locks are not recently greased and/or the grease becomes excessively cold, the locks can sometimes rotate more slowly, thus triggering a transient door warning during the takeoff roll.

This transient is common to the 737 product line and is not "damped out" by adding a time delay to the warning because it would set up situations where the airplane would abort for a door warning at 80-100 knots...

If you get a door warning that comes on and remains on- then you should follow the QRH... We have set up four types of door failures that you might see. Two are exceedingly rare- but you'll have to follow the QRH in order to figure out what you are dealing with.

(Same thing with bleed leaks... we have multiple versions of various duct warnings you might receive- and you have to follow the QRH to figure out which one you have and whether or not it requires an inflight shutdown...)

Pretty cool little sim we've created, huh?

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Its an amazing sim Robert!

I get the door warning occasionally, But only once has it been an issue. One time I was taking off and after pressing TOGA it half spooled up and the the Auto throttle disengaged. The only thing I could pinpoint this issue been caused by was the Emergency Exit lights where illuminated and the DOORS caution indication. Im guessing this was one of those not-so-common failure situations?

Wow!

We've to sudy the QRH for months to learn how manage every single abnormal situation...I remember during an inflight engine fire. I executed correctly the engine fire drill as stated into QRH but that tine I got also an hydraulic problem: fire had overheated and damaged also the electric driven hydraulic pump of that engine so I had also to deal with an "loss of hydraulic system" (I can't remember if "A" or "B") situation...

Very interesting session that day...

Ciao

Andrea Buono - I

Hmm OK, but I don't use failure-simulation :Thinking:

Why does the failure occur.

I experienced it in the NGX yesterday, had never seen it before, just a quick push on the throttles and it gets fixed right away. Luckily I had seen this thread, otherwise I had been stuck trying to find out what was wrong

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Martin: because it's not a failure but a quirk.

Hmm OK, but I don't use failure-simulation :Thinking:

Why does the failure occur.

Whiggy, Robert explained to you why the door lights come on. He also explained that there could be some actual door failures as well. But in your situation its not an actual failure and you won't be experiencing any of those because you have Failures disabled.

I don't use the failures much either and when I am not using them I still get the lights myself. It's perfectly normal and nothing to be concerned about.

OK, but how can I prevent this problem?

I'm flying PMDG NGX since approx. one year and in the last 2 month this failure occur.

OK, but how can I prevent this problem?

I'm flying PMDG NGX since approx. one year and in the last 2 month this failure occur.

Martin, It cannot be explained any clearer I am afraid. As stated above, the real NG does this, and PMDG have simulated this quirk. It cannot be turned off with a switch or prevented.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.