Sign in to follow this  
Sesquashtoo

You need to set your Mesh to 1M for CYSE Squamish...

I am in the Robinson B22. helicopter.shooting down the coast...and found some houses and other buildings sitting in mid air over hills, ect.

I went to 1M, and all houses and buildings along the coast have landed back where they should be....on the ground!

Just a tip...

Is this in P3D or FSX or both?

- Bill Magann

Is this in P3D or FSX or both?

I'm not sure about FSX...only came here to post after seeing in in real-time at P3D's CYSE.  Going to 1M in P3D landed the houses!

But did they squish the squirrel when they came down?

- Bill Magann

But did they squish the squirrel when they came down?

Not unless that squirrel had traveled half way to Vancouver!

FYI

1M isn't a requirement for CYSE, it's a mesh bug in P3Dv2.

If you find something like that again, just bring up your scenery library, don't change anything, then click OK. When the scene reloads it will be right-as-rain.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato

FYI

If you find something like that again, just bring up your scenery library, don't change anything, then click OK. When the scene reloads it will be right-as-rain.

OH....ok...thanks for that. I had houses sitting 100 feet above their properties...but when I went to 1M..it all was right. I'll remember that...  I'll go back to 5M then....thanks!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 1m mesh causes some issues with Orbx airports so it's generally recommended that you keep the slider at 5m.

FYI

I have found that to be true, especially for houses a hundred feet or more in the air.

- Bill Magann

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think 1m mesh causes some issues with Orbx airports so it's generally recommended that you keep the slider at 5m.

You are correct, sir!  I had it at 5M...saw the houses missing the ground, and then went to 1M and twirled towards Vancouver.  I have since read that you only need to go to Scenery Lib and just bring up the mask, but do nothing...it will correct itself...as per the post.

But...I must say though, that the highway heading out of Squamish towards Vancouver hugging the cliffs, looks a heck of lot more 'tight' and nicer, at 1M. I'm going to leave the sim at 1M, unless I will fly into the few airports that would have craters if you did.  Then------------> 5M.

it's a mesh bug in P3Dv2

It's actually a mesh bug carried thru from FSX/ESP (FSX has the same issue).  Just need to change a slider to trigger a re-load and it will sort itself out.  Apparently it's a very difficult issue to debug (recreate) and hence has not been fixed yet.

It's actually a mesh bug carried thru from FSX/ESP (FSX has the same issue).  Just need to change a slider to trigger a re-load and it will sort itself out.  Apparently it's a very difficult issue to debug (recreate) and hence has not been fixed yet.

Right you are sir, it occurs in all flavors of FSX/ESP/P3D.

However, by going into the scenery library and just accepting it as is, you will not require any slider changes that affect scenery generation.

Philip Manhart  :American Flag:

13.jpg

- "Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something." ~ Plato