Sign in to follow this  
SolRayz

mjq400 toga switch, how to assign

I know this may have been discussed before, but has anyone determined how to assign toga switch to a joystick button without the lua script.

The default "Autothrottle TOGA" does not work. And I tried some autothrottle options in fsuipc no avail.

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

In the mjc84.ini, you can add in a joystick button assignment, but I don't know what the parameter name is, because I don't have my TOGA button in there. Somewhere there is an SDK document that lists them. I just created an FSUIPC mouse macro, and then assigned it to my button. That works fine, though it would probably be best to go the mjc84.ini method, because sometimes I have to redo my macros when Majestic publishes an update.

Like KingGhidorah, I used FSUIPC Mouse Macros to assign all autoflight functions (+the TOGA switch) to key commands.

sometimes I have to redo my macros when Majestic publishes an update.

Yes - like every new version! :smile:

I didn't realize you could do mouse macros. I will have to look into this.

update: Done...mouse macro works perfectly. Thanks for the suggestion!

Intel i7 10700K | Asus Maximus XII Hero | Asus TUF RTX 3090 | 32GB HyperX Fury 3200 DDR4 | 1TB Samsung M.2 (W11) | 2TB Samsung M.2 (MSFS2020) | Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280mm AIO | 43" Samsung Q90B | 27" Asus Monitor

In the mjc84.ini, you can add in a joystick button assignment,

The parameter you are looking for is;   ->inputs.GA_button 

In the .ini file you would add something similar to the following.  (J3_b2=AFCS_->inputs.GA_button) Changing the J3_b2, to suit your particular hardware, of course.

Cheers, Jazz

Now I remember why I did it the mouse macro way, and not the mjc84.ini way: I couldn't find all the parameter names I needed in the varlist.xlsx file. For example the TOGA button variable in the above post, nor even the AP Disengage that is already in the .ini file are listed under AFCS in the spreadsheet I have. Where is the list of variable names you are using, Jazzfan? Specifically, I am interested in Speedbug Select, Speedbug inc and dec, and vertical speed inc and dec, but I'm actually interested in the complete list of all parameters, because apparently my list is very incomplete. No need to use mouse macros, and have to redo them all the time, if I can put all I need in the .ini file.

If the custom bindings are available, I hope MJC would consider adding proper assignment, via a GUI on the MJC Control Panel, in a future version.

Where is the list of variable names you are using, Jazzfan?

I found that particular entry, as well as as a couple others, on the Majestic forum.

Majestic are planning on adding more hardware functionality in the "Pro" version followed by a "cockpit hardware interface" for home cockpit builders, in the "Training" version.

regards, Jazz

Edited by Jazzfan