Sign in to follow this  
Patco Lch

How to locate the FSX.CFG file in windows 10?

I have googled it with unsatisfactory results. There are some old u-tubes for XP that doesn't seem to work for me. I want to do a rebuild to see if it solves my nil value error with A2A aircraft. Thanks in advance for any help!

Vic green

It's location never changed. Go to your user folder, click on the Appdata folder, then Local, then Roaming, then FSX folder.  It should be there.  You may need to configure your file explorer settings to show hidden files and folder though.

-Jim

Engage, research, inform and make your posts count! -Jim Morvay

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

No problem, glad I could help you out. :)

-Jim

Origin EON-17SLX - Under the hood: Intel Core i7 7700K at 4.2GHz (Base) 4.6GHz (overclock), nVidia GeForce GTX-1080 Pascal w/8gb vram, 32gb (2x16) Crucial 2400mhz RAM, 3840 x 2160 17.3" IPS w/G-SYNC, Samsung 950 EVO 256GB PCIe m.2 SSD (Primary), Samsung 850 EVO 500gb M.2 (Sim Drive), MS Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit

It's location never changed. Go to your user folder, click on the Appdata folder, then Local, then Roaming, then FSX folder.  It should be there.  You may need to configure your file explorer settings to show hidden files and folder though.

-Jim

Well, that is a change from previous versions as Local and Roaming are side by side, not nested, in Win 8 and earliesr.

regards,

Joe

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Well, that is a change from previous versions as Local and Roaming are side by side, not nested, in Win 8 and earliesr.

regards,

Joe

Setting the record straight:

If you've got XP: C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\(Your Windows User Name)\Microsoft\FSX

If you've got Vista/Win 7: C:\Users\(Your Windows User Name)\Appdata\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX

And if you have Windows 8, 8.1 or 10:  Hit your Windows key + R (Or open Run from the Start menu), type %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX

Note that you'll have to tick on 'show hidden files/folders' under folder options. Otherwise you'll not be able to see these hidden files.

P.S. When editing your fsx.cfg, don't forget to make a backup first...

-Jim

Maybe try a desktop search engine called 'everything' from www.voidtools.com

It is far quicker than Window's built in search engine. As you start typing fsx.cfg, it will start giving locations. For me, this is an essential piece of free software.

Yes, you can use the default search, but this is far quicker.

• Like 1

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond...