Sign in to follow this  
alpha117

ProATC/X BETA V1.7.8.7 Released

Hi All

We have just released this to the BETA team for final testing. Hopefully this should not take to long before being released to the ProATC/X users.  We have made lots of changes here a a few of them:

1. Main screen time changed to 24hr clock. Also added 'Select Simulation'. 
2. You can now delete more than one flight plan at a time(Shift+cursor down will select the next one.'Cntrl +click' will select only the flight plans clicked)
3. Options > Weather Changed wording to 'Read active Sky Weather'
4. Options > Path to Folders. Added the Aerosoft Airbus(A318-A321) to 'other flight plan paths.
5. Options > Path to Folders. Screen layout changed. You can now select the SIM you are using. Setup the correct path first
6. Options > In Flight. Added 'Automatically save the Flight Situation . The interval in minutes can be changed to suit the current flight.

Saved Flights
This has been totally re-worked. You MUST delete ALL saved flights that you have BEFORE using the saved flight options. Saved flights will NOT work when:
  1.You are on the ground at Departure 
  2. When you have been asked to contact a controller and have not done so. You will see an in flight message in this case.
  3. When you are on approach(allocated rwy). 

Also if you are using P3D make sure you have 'panel serialization' turn off' (unticked)

Alternate Airports

1. These are now imported in ProATC/X if you use a third Party flightplanner (EG PFPX), and use the Flightplan >Import Flightplan > From file. .SFP file format only.

If using 'Alternates' then make sure you listen and follow ATC instructions shocked.gif
 Requests to return to Departure and Emergencies works as expected.

Note: There will only be ONE 'auto' save per flight. You can 'manually save as many as you want also. The current auto save WILL overwrite the previous flights auto save, therefore you will only have ONE auto save tongue.gif

Holdings

Now given the correct entry procedure(ICAO based holding procedures)

Simulation Path (Options> Path to folders)
You can now have multiple paths to where you want .pln files to be saved to.

Aircraft Data has been 'cleaned' up and now only has fields that are used by ProATC/X

SID/STAR/Vectors(Transitions) assigned based on route entry and exit point.

SID/STAR transitions:

Transitions will automatically be assigned based on route entry/exit waypoints and are expected to be flown. It may be possible to request an alternative transition where necessary.

A SID transition will be issued in the ATC clearance. 

Any STAR transition will be assigned as necessary and listed in the flightplan clearance however you will not be advised by ATC prior to entry. Handover to Approach will be the same as before assigning a STAR. This should work better for the USA.

In flight box has been 're-ordered'

Taxiways should be fully displayed even where AFCAD entries have zero taxiway width.

Last run of 'makerwys' correctly identified with date/time stamp and for all flightsim variants.

A lot of 'behind the scenes'  coding has been totally re-worked to make ProATC/X a much more realistic ATC experience.  

Thanks

• Upvote 1

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Fantastic news, Clive! Really looking forward to it!

Mario Di Lauro

SWEEEEEEETTTTTT!!!!

Troy Kemp

Win 11 64 Pro on 1TB nvme + 500GB ssd  / P3Dv5.3+ on 1TB nvme+ 250GB with P3D addons / MS2020 2TB nvme /I9 13900K@ 5.8ghz / 32GB DDR4 3600mhz / MSI MPG Z690 DDR4 with wifi / RTX 4090FE

Nice news!

José Luís

| Flightsimulator: MSFS | Add-Ons: | PMDG Douglas DC-6 | PMDG 737-700 | Fenix A320 | Maddog X MD82| FSW CESSNA 414AW CHANCELLOR |

Guest JustanotherPilot

Are there more voice packs included ?

Hi Steve

Not on this one, they will come later

Clive Joy

beta.gif

Posted Image

Great News Clive,

I look forward to trying this out once released.

Bill Clark

Windows 10 Pro, Ver 21H2

CPU I5-8600K 5.0GHz, GPU Nvidia RTX 3090 VRAM 24GB

Gigabyte Z370 Gaming 7, 2TB M2.NVMe, RAM 32GB

Forgot to ask. Are you aware of this bug?

Any chance to see it addressed in this patch? Maybe it is listed, but I could not find it clearly mentioned.

Regards

Forgot to ask. Are you aware of this bug?

Any chance to see it addressed in this patch? Maybe it is listed, but I could not find it clearly mentioned.

The list posted by Clive is of the new or changed facilities. As far as I'm aware all known bugs have been squashed too, including the missed waypoint one.

Pete

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

The list posted by Clive is of the new or changed facilities. As far as I'm aware all known bugs have been squashed too, including the missed waypoint one.

Pete

That's great. Thanks for sharing.

This is good to see.   Please make sure to let your beta testers have plenty of time with it to avoid any more "oops, this bug made it through because none of our beta testers fly without copilots" boo-boos.  If this were a solid product, it would become my #1 ATC solution.

[Edited because my first pass sounded nastier than I meant it.]

As some STARS have the same entry fix (for example ROLIS at EDDF) was the possibility to change STAR before the entry fix added?

Thanks