Sign in to follow this  
mikeymike

Ftx central and p3d updates

Hey guys

In regards to orbx direct and merging all my products.

If i was to update scenery msi does ftx global need to be reinstalled??

Or with ftx central v3 no files are affected therby needing reinstalling?

I have noticed with new central v3 you cannot run installer again as in v2??

Correct me im wrong

Thank you

Mike

Guest JustanotherPilot

Have you tried asking the question in the ORBX forums - it's their product

If i was to update scenery msi does ftx global need to be reinstalled??

Just speaking from my experience. I "upgraded" from P3dv3.0 to P3dv3.4 HF2. Quite a leap! I left the scenery msi alone, since I use Orbx over the entire planet. So I uninstalled Content and Client and reinstalled Content and Client. (As per Elain's instructions)

I also took the "upgrade" from FTX Central 2 to 3. Central 3 permits easy reinstall of every FTX product you own and also allows easy purchase of those you don't. I have no issues with my Orbx scenery in P3dv3.4 HF2, using FTX Central 3 to keep all my scenery current.

So from my understanding, if you uninstall P3d Scenery and install P3d Scenery msi, the P3d Scenery will overwrite the Orbx install, thus necessitating an Orbx reinstall.

Hope that helps?

Regards

David

Have you tried asking the question in the ORBX forums - it's their product

Not yet, i will thou

And i guess people who own other addons should as16 etc etc should do the same?

I dont get it?

Just speaking from my experience. I "upgraded" from P3dv3.0 to P3dv3.4 HF2. Quite a leap! I left the scenery msi alone, since I use Orbx over the entire planet. So I uninstalled Content and Client and reinstalled Content and Client. (As per Elain's instructions)

I also took the "upgrade" from FTX Central 2 to 3. Central 3 permits easy reinstall of every FTX product you own and also allows easy purchase of those you don't. I have no issues with my Orbx scenery in P3dv3.4 HF2, using FTX Central 3 to keep all my scenery current.

So from my understanding, if you uninstall P3d Scenery and install P3d Scenery msi, the P3d Scenery will overwrite the Orbx install, thus necessitating an Orbx reinstall.

Hope that helps?

Regards

David

Thanks for the reply

Im.confused so it shows it is installed in v3 so i should click uninstall then reinstall?

Thank you

Mike

Base shows in scenery library

All I had to do after upgrade was run FTX 3 again. If I remember right it took care of everything simply by me opening up the FTX 3 utility.

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

All I had to do after upgrade was run FTX 3 again. If I remember right it took care of everything simply by me opening up the FTX 3 utility.

Yes, that's all I do. Just run FTX Central 3. After a few seconds it will auto update itself and any Orbx scenery you have installed will show you if it needs updating. Then its a one click update!

Short answer: If you Update or Repair the Scenery component you will need to Reinstall Orbx Global Base Just run the Installer again, No need to Activate it

Long answer: http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6322&t=120861#p144463

Hi elaine

Im confused

So just run ftx central v3?

Its shows that myw product is installed thou

Sorry im a little slow lol

Thanks for the help

With ftx central v3 there's no installer anymore for ftx global. Not separate.

That is what i was confused about!

So just run central? And the migration should start?

Cheers

Hello Mike,

Unlike all other Orbx Products that Create an Orbx folder inside you Prepar3D and install there,  Global Base is Hard-Wired into your Scenery \ World \ Texture folder,  as from the link I provided it Replaces most of the Default files in this location, So basically Global Base is Always On   

All other Orbx products Install to an extra folder (Orbx folder)  Inside your prepar3D folder,  These are Launched from your scenery.cfg and your texture.cfg,  If you where to Delete these 2 files this action would Temporarily Disconnect these Add On's from Prepar3D,  As apposed to Global Base which is Always turned On.

When you Open your FTX Control Panel,  This will Check\Confirm and then Synchronize your Entries in your scenery.cfg and your texture.cfg to Insure you have all the Entries present and Correct for the Orbx products you have currently Installed.

When you Update\Repair the Scenery Component it will return these Orbx Global files back to Prepar3D Default again.

The reason the FTX control Panel is telling you "Global Installed"  It is reading this from your Control Panel "Programs and features"\Register editor and Not the Integrity of the Global Base files in your Texture folder 

What to do.......

You have 2 choices.....

(1) You can Re-Run the Global Base installer 1.40 from an old Back-Up (Installer)  During the process if you see anything from FTX V2 the old Control Panel,  Close it and the process will continue.

(2)  Uninstall Global Base in either in your Control Panel "programs and features"  OR the FTX Control Panel and then Reinstall again from inside the FTX control Panel  

Hello Mike,

Unlike all other Orbx Products that Create an Orbx folder inside you Prepar3D and install there,  Global Base is Hard-Wired into your Scenery \ World \ Texture folder,  as from the link I provided it Replaces most of the Default files in this location, So basically Global Base is Always On   

All other Orbx products Install to an extra folder (Orbx folder)  Inside your prepar3D folder,  These are Launched from your scenery.cfg and your texture.cfg,  If you where to Delete these 2 files this action would Temporarily Disconnect these Add On's from Prepar3D,  As apposed to Global Base which is Always turned On.

When you Open your FTX Control Panel,  This will Check\Confirm and then Synchronize your Entries in your scenery.cfg and your texture.cfg to Insure you have all the Entries present and Correct for the Orbx products you have currently Installed.

When you Update\Repair the Scenery Component it will return these Orbx Global files back to Prepar3D Default again.

The reason the FTX control Panel is telling you "Global Installed"  It is reading this from your Control Panel "Programs and features"\Register editor and Not the Integrity of the Global Base files in your Texture folder 

What to do.......

You have 2 choices.....

(1) You can Re-Run the Global Base installer 1.40 from an old Back-Up (Installer)  During the process if you see anything from FTX V2 the old Control Panel,  Close it and the process will continue.

(2)  Uninstall Global Base in either in your Control Panel "programs and features"  OR the FTX Control Panel and then Reinstall again from inside the FTX control Panel

Thanks for the informative answer elaine.

Ill just uninstall and reinstall then. All is good.

Thank you

Mike

Thanks for the informative answer elaine.

Ill just uninstall and reinstall then. All is good.

Thank you

Mike

Sorry probably another stupid question.

So i guess all other addons of orbx such as aus sp4 ybbn yscb etc need to reinstalled?

Cheer

Mike