What's New In The File Library
Member Submitted Reviews
Bargain Hunters Forum
Classified, Want, Swap Ads
Community Links Library
FS9, FSX & P3D CTD Guide (v2)
FSX / P3D Configuration Guide
Simulation's Premier Resource!
AVSIM is a free service to the flight and simulation communities. Please help us keep it that way. Donate what you can today! Thank you for your support!
- 35% Sale at MV for one week only!
- Alabeo - 40% off @ PCAviator (Australia)
- SW Florida KRSW for FSX, P3d at 25%
- PC Aviator New Additions discount
- Just Flight: 25% off on all A2A aircrafts!
- A2A sale, advise appreciated on purchase for FSX
- Aerosoft: 80% off FSX: Steam Edition and 25% off FSX Steam DLC
- San Diego Lindbergh International Airport 40% off
- Free Aluminium Yoke Checklist for Saitek Yoke from Cockpit phD
- A match made in heaven. Really!
. . .
4 replies to this topic
Posted 29 February 2004 - 07:53 PM
I think they called them "fences beacuse they keep the air going over the wing, just like a fence keeps things in:)just my 2 cents
Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:39 PM
wing fences are placed on top of the wing usully about 3/4 from the wing root. maybe that is what airbus wanted to call them i guess. shouldnt be called wing fences if that is what they want to call them
Posted 29 February 2004 - 05:07 PM
[center]Right on the money John. iFDG modeled all three varients of the A320. The A320-100 (with out wing tip fences and a center fuel tank.) The A320-200 with CFMs (most popular model), and the A320-200 with IAEs. The -200s have the wing-tip fences and the center fuel tank.[center]:-outta[center]http://www.flightsim...43942b48d2b.jpg[center]There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".- unknown[center]"My daddy gives me up, to fight for you"- a US Military Members Child
Posted 29 February 2004 - 11:06 AM
The A320 doesn't have winglets--it has wing fences which are smaller than winglets. The earliest version (the 100 series) did not have the wing fences, so if that version has been modelled in one of IFDG's files and you downloaded it, it won't have the wing fences. Every IFDG 320 I've downloaded has the wing fences.-John
Posted 29 February 2004 - 10:55 AM
It may just be me but the IFDG 320 doesnt have winglets. is there a fix for this?